• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Digital Point Ads

Forgive me for my ignore. After reading all 4 pages and installing the plug-in, I still don't get how this works. :-) I'm still trying to figure out how not only the system works but also what this looks like on my site. I am not wanting to put more than 1 banner ad per page but I haven't got the slightest idea how to accept or install banner ads. Not even sure if there is enough request for a topic like mine. :-)

Is there a video that gives more information or do you have other sites where we can see how this works?

Read through those two sites, have more questions to your site pointers.

1. Simple to install: Copy/paste a little JavaScript code to install the system on your site.

Q: Is there something else to install besides the add-on?

2. Complete Bidding System: Pricing for your ad space is market driven with a complete bidding system that advertisers can utilize (you of course can set min. bids).

Q: I'm lime green behind my ears when it comes to advertising. My site is only 4 weeks old although it is already getting a fair amount of traffic. How would I, as the seller, even know what price to ask for or if anyone would even want to display ads on a site this new? And since my site is somewhat on the 'weird' site, is there a way for me to find out if people are even paying for advertising in my field?

1. The addon is optional. The addon enabled advanced things (inline keyword based ads, ability for an advertiser to target their banner ad to a specific section of your site [like maybe they just want to run an a banner ad in one forum category]). For banner ads, you *would* need to place the banner serving JavaScript wherever you want the banners to run (you can define how banner ads look/act here: http://advertising.digitalpoint.com/publisher.php?do=addformat ).

2. Well it's a bidding system, so ultimately the end price you get for advertising is market driven based on what advertisers are willing to spend. As far as seeing if people would be interested in advertising on your site, the best place to ask would probably to ask your existing users. More often than not, the people interested in the topic are also the ones that end up wanting to buy ad space for something (often they are the ones that offer related products/services).

Either way, it's more or less a "no-risk" system since you can simply have ads fallback to AdSense (or anything else) if there are no ads to serve up that people purchased ad space for.

How do people find out about the advertising opportunity in the first place then? Do they have to first know about my site, see the advertising opportunity and then sign up or would my site go into a 'pool' of sites to advertise on for a specific keyword?

Sorry, I know these questions may not make sense to you as a 'pro' but to me this world is brand new. :-)

They can find your site by browsing the list of available sites to advertise on within the Digital Point Ads advertiser list, but the ones that have the most success are the ones that tell their users they can advertise since that is going to be a much more targeted audience for people interested (or having something to do with) the site topic.

The ad URL option should allow you to place whatever fallback ads you want to run at that URL to use the (just a page with nothing but an ad from the system you want to use)... It will get inserted as an IFRAME (same way AdSense works really).

The ad URL option should allow you to place whatever fallback ads you want to run at that URL to use the (just a page with nothing but an ad from the system you want to use)... It will get inserted as an IFRAME (same way AdSense works really).
How do I use this with chitika? It just gives me a javascript code when creating an ad.

Did you create a page with nothing but the Chitika ad on it? You would use that URL as the fallback URL and it will insert it as an iframe.

Top Bottom