Digital Point Ad Positioning

Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0b

No permission to download
The option for hiding from a specific usergroup (I.e. Don't show to usergroup.)
I've disabled it for now and am currently on my phone whilst nursing a baby so can't get the specific setting /screenshot but will as soon as I can
Hiding *what* from a specific usergroup? :)

The two options in the settings "hide * from usergroups.

I select the usergroups that I don't want to see the advert and am a member of those groups however the adverts still display in those positions

No combination of checking or u checking has any effect

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    47.8 KB · Views: 16
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 18
You have 38 forums you picked where you are forcing ads regardless of previous settings. Is it in one of those forums by chance?

I just installed this and the ads are always being displayed after the first post only. It does not seem to insert the ads after the currently viewed post. Please advise.

It's after the first unread post, not necessarily the post you are viewing (although usually those are the same). Are you looking at a thread with unread posts?

I'm using it to display ads for guests only, would that cause the issue with not recognizing which post is the first unread post?

Hi @digitalpoint, love your addon! Is it possible to extend your addon to other places of Xenforo to show advertisement? Is it possible to make a multi select with the various ad positions in xenforo, so you can choose where you want to put your advertisement. I read all I could find on putting in ads in Xenforo, but in the end I don't feel comfortable to modify code. I don't really feel comfortable in the (for me) strange Xenforo logic/syntax. Thanks in advance for your time!

If possible Ad_Above_Content, Ad_Below_Content, Ad_Forum_View_Above_Thread_List, Ad_Sidebar_Below_Visitor_Panel

Not sure how difficult it is to make it optional so your addon can cater for different wishes (next to mine). Basically three places to place ads is fine. I would like to choose which place the ad is placed. Not sure how flexible Xenfor is to make it like that.

Thanks for your fast reply!

Honestly, probably not super high up on my priority list... A lot of work would be required and I have about a million other (more important) things I need to do unrelated to the add-on. So it might show up in the future, but if you need it sooner rather than later, I'd think about hiring a consultant or something to do it for you.

No worries. We run an old (10 year+) small forum with a loyal user base. The Google ads barely cover the hosting costs ;) Thanks for answering my questions. I will await patiently for the extension of your addon ;)

I installed this addon on my XF 1.3.1. and everything was working fine.

Last week I updated CF to its latest version 1.4.5 and also I updated a new skin (I was using the default until now).

After the XF upgrade and the upload of the new skin, Digital Point addon stopped showing the ads on my Forum.

I'm using the latest version of the addon and I didn't change any configuration on the addon cpanel.

Any idea or suggestion about what is happening? and what I should do?

Thanks! :)

Update: If I use the default skin, everything is fine. However, with the new skin, no ads can be seen.

Update: If I use the default skin, everything is fine. However, with the new skin, no ads can be seen.
That's going to be an issue with the skin. Most likely it just doesn't have elements that the add-on looks for when determining where to insert it's stuff into the templates.

For example in the "message" template, it looks for the following string:
Code:
<xen:include template="ad_message_below" />

That's going to be an issue with the skin. Most likely it just doesn't have elements that the add-on looks for when determining where to insert it's stuff into the templates.

For example in the "message" template, it looks for the following string:
Code:
<xen:include template="ad_message_below" />

Thank you for the answer.

But is there a way to fix this?

Add that to your "message" template in your custom style.
Ok, so I went to the template "message" and I found the exact string you mentioned.

The <xen:include template="ad_message_below" /> is already there. :(

Any other suggestion?

The skin I am using, only changed the colors if I am not mistaken.

Tough to say what's missing in the custom skin without having it myself. That was just a guess. Basically it's missing *something* though... so it's not just changing colors.

Top Bottom