1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0b

Allows you to position ads in/around the post currently being viewed.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

RoyalRumble, erich37, EQnoble and 7 others like this.
  2. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

Cheers, I have been patiently awaiting this mod to make its way to XF.

3. Rodrigo Farcas

Rodrigo Farcas Active Member

Demo or screenshot please!

zylstra likes this.
  4. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Does this complement DigitalPointAds.com?

5. Mutt

Mutt Well-Known Member

curious to learn more / see in action

6. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

Works perfectly on my test (just like the VB one), thanks Shawn :D

7. digitalpoint

You can use Digital Point Ads as your ad delivery mechanism, but it's certainly not required.

8. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

The "Hide Inside Post Ad From Usergroups" feature dosent seem to work for me with the "Insert Ad Inside Post" option, but they do work for the "Insert Ad After Post" option, Can anyone confirm if this is just me or a small bug in the add-on?

Thanks

9. Rich

Rich Active Member

Seems to always show my members ads even when I exclude them in the preferences.

10. digitalpoint

Hmmm... I just did a bunch of testing and the "Hide Inside Post Ad From Usergroups" option seems to work fine for me every way I can think of to test it. For my setup, it's working when you pick a user group that is the user's primary user group and/or secondary user group. It also works as expected when you have a bunch of user groups selected.

What version of XenForo are you using? The only thing I can think of is maybe some old version of XenForo works slightly differently somehow...

11. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

I am using the latest 1.1.2 version - very odd, like I say its just the "hide inside post" one that dosent seem work correctly

Also i have disabled all other add-ons (not that there was that many)

12. digitalpoint

Well, I'd be happy to debug it for someone on an installation where it's not working if they want... just a little difficult to try and debug it on my end since it's working as expected every way I can think of to test it.

13. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

Any demos..dp? or anyone?

14. digitalpoint

I don't have a live XenForo site myself, so I don't have a demo site myself...

15. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

Ok to test this I have just installed wampserver 2.0 on my local pc, install clean fresh copy of xenforo 1.1.2 and I still get the same issue with the ads showing inside the post no matter what usergroup I chose to hide them from.

Insert ad after post works correctly and hides the ads from the selected usergroups as expected.

Hope this info helps

16. cloferba

cloferba Member

any screenshot?

17. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

This is what it looks like set up to show to Guests after the first post:
    DPAP.png

18. cloferba

cloferba Member

mm is it good as it seems? I mean the CTR is good?

19. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I've not noticed a drop off in clicks on my forum. I also have the same add at the bottom of the forum under the breadcrumbs, which is visible all the time.

20. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

I have 1.1.1 on my test board and this add-on is working fine. So, are we saying that all "issues" are with 1.1.2 boards? Does anyone with 1.1.2 have it running successfully?