Digital Point Ad Positioning

Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0b

No permission to download
The "Hide Inside Post Ad From Usergroups" feature dosent seem to work for me with the "Insert Ad Inside Post" option, but they do work for the "Insert Ad After Post" option, Can anyone confirm if this is just me or a small bug in the add-on?

Thanks

Hmmm... I just did a bunch of testing and the "Hide Inside Post Ad From Usergroups" option seems to work fine for me every way I can think of to test it. For my setup, it's working when you pick a user group that is the user's primary user group and/or secondary user group. It also works as expected when you have a bunch of user groups selected.

What version of XenForo are you using? The only thing I can think of is maybe some old version of XenForo works slightly differently somehow...

Hmmm... I just did a bunch of testing and the "Hide Inside Post Ad From Usergroups" option seems to work fine for me every way I can think of to test it. For my setup, it's working when you pick a user group that is the user's primary user group and/or secondary user group. It also works as expected when you have a bunch of user groups selected.

What version of XenForo are you using? The only thing I can think of is maybe some old version of XenForo works slightly differently somehow...

I am using the latest 1.1.2 version - very odd, like I say its just the "hide inside post" one that dosent seem work correctly

Also i have disabled all other add-ons (not that there was that many)

Well, I'd be happy to debug it for someone on an installation where it's not working if they want... just a little difficult to try and debug it on my end since it's working as expected every way I can think of to test it.

Ok to test this I have just installed wampserver 2.0 on my local pc, install clean fresh copy of xenforo 1.1.2 and I still get the same issue with the ads showing inside the post no matter what usergroup I chose to hide them from.

Insert ad after post works correctly and hides the ads from the selected usergroups as expected.

Hope this info helps

I've not noticed a drop off in clicks on my forum. I also have the same add at the bottom of the forum under the breadcrumbs, which is visible all the time.

I have 1.1.1 on my test board and this add-on is working fine. So, are we saying that all "issues" are with 1.1.2 boards? Does anyone with 1.1.2 have it running successfully?

Top Bottom