Digital Point Ad Positioning

Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0b

No permission to download
I have 1.1.1 on my test board and this add-on is working fine. So, are we saying that all "issues" are with 1.1.2 boards? Does anyone with 1.1.2 have it running successfully?
I'm on 1.1.2, and it's working fine for me.
Settings
settings.webp

Logged out displays both inside post and under post (don't normally have inside post set up, just testing for this thread)
guest.webp

Logged in (no ads displayed)
logged_in.webp

Same for me... I've tested and retested since a couple people said it wasn't working, and no matter how I test, it works fine for me as well (on the latest version).

I have a fresh locally running copy of xF.... I am going to test this now to help dispel any possible bugs. Will feedback soon.

My tests have shown this to be working as designed. this mod is the only installed mod.

As an aside, it is sometimes the case that the 'inside post' advert shows up as the very last piece of content inside the post. For those without signatures it may as well be after the post. Maybe the mod can ensure that the advert is never the final piece of post content... just an idea.

I can confirm that I now have this working - I have to hold my hands up and say my problem was down to user error - sorry!!

same as mrb1972:

"Ok to test this I have just installed wampserver 2.0 on my local pc, install clean fresh copy of xenforo 1.1.2 and I still get the same issue with the ads showing inside the post no matter what usergroup I chose to hide them from.

Insert ad after post works correctly and hides the ads from the selected usergroups as expected.

Hope this info helps"

Maybe can we manually put <xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}"></xen:if> somewhere in a template?

Hi Digitalpoint! Thanks for such a great mod! I'm having a problem though. It appears that in some threads, the ad is inserted in the middle of the content of the post. After looking at the option "Insert Ad Inside Post", I guess that could be what you were going for, but my concern is, does this break Google's TOS? Do we have to wrap it in a box that says "sponsored ads" or something along those lines?

I'm asking this as I'm seeing ads being placed in the middle of quotes and such and I thought that option would put the ad at the bottom of the content of the post. Where as "Ad after post", I thought that it would create something similar to what you have on your site with a box in between posts where you can have the ad, rather than it be put within in the signature like the option currently does.

It's intentional. You can of course wrap either positions in a box if you want, but it's entirely up to you (just add the wrapping HTML around the ad if you want.

I've set it up on my 1.1.2 installation.
It does hides from specified usergroups but ads only appear in and after first post! i.e its not random!!

As long as the guest user is reading a thread that has unread posts for them, it will put it in whatever is their first unread post. If they don't have any unread posts on the page they are looking at (unread by XF's definition), it will default to the first post.

As long as the guest user is reading a thread that has unread posts for them, it will put it in whatever is their first unread post. If they don't have any unread posts on the page they are looking at (unread by XF's definition), it will default to the first post.
Just check by enabling for a registered and it works but it doesn't makes sense when using with 'Ad Under Post'!
Both ads will appear at same post. Won't that dramatically reduce CTR?

I have two questions that I can't seem to fix myself.

Is it possible to align the advertisement displayed inside the first post completely to the left?
The ad behind the first post I would like to place literally in between the first and the second post without the use of the message box. is there a way to force white space between two message and place the ad there?

Thanks for the help and the super cool mod DP! :)

You should be able to... since the "ad" can be more than just an ad... can also contain HTML elements... so any formatting you do, you can do within the box that you place the ad in.

Top Bottom