Digital Point Ad Positioning

Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0b

No permission to download
Hi,

I was testing this in my board, here and in DP too and notice that when we are in the board index and click the latest thread of any board, we always go directly to the last posts.

Would be great to place the ads inside/bellow post in the post the members goes to, in this case, the last one and not the first one.

I don't use ads for registered members, but the same could be done when the members goes to the first unread post of a thread.

Nice script :)

There's a problem with this code running alongside the Flat Awesome theme/style. Many users have reported that the adsense ad (in my case an automatic responsive ad) that is shown after the first (current) post covers part of the 2nd post. I have observed this behavior myself using the IE and had to disable the system.

The automatic responsive ads from AdSense do that a lot. Doesn't seem to work that well from my experience. It's better to decide yourself what size you want instead of letting a computer decide. :)

Silly question, I have this add on installed and it displays the ads fine, however the words to the right of the ad are butted up against the ad. How do I go about putting a 5px space between the ad and the words in the post?

Thanks!

All this addon does i inject normal HTML... so you could wrap your ad in a <div> with a CSS style that sets the padding of that div or something along those lines.

I haven't tried PHP 7 yet... Buti'm curious what error you get with it?
I'm not 100% sure it's related with your addon.
But with your addon enabled, thread view display 5xx(I forgot if it's 502 or 504) error.
With your addon disabled thread view works fine.

In my website, I put ad both inside post and below post (like dp). I am frequently having blank ad space time to time (some times one ad is blank, another is visible). Is it common with Adsense or I have done something incorrect while installing this add on?

In my website, I put ad both inside post and below post (like dp). I am frequently having blank ad space time to time (some times one ad is blank, another is visible). Is it common with Adsense or I have done something incorrect while installing this add on?
That blank space is probably because of a setting in Adsense. Check your adsense account : Content - Ad units - Backup ads
If you have "show blank space" selected it will show a black space if it has no targeted ads available.
Backup ads
The ads that you'd prefer to show when Google has no targeted ads available. By default, we'll show a blank space. However, you can also choose to display ads from another URL, or a solid color instead. Learn more

@digitalpoint

After upgrading to 1.5, there has been significant drop is adsense earnings on my site... like 4 :: 1 ... ad impressions too have dramatically dropped. maybe this add-on need a look into... or an upgrade to 1.5, thank you

I got this error on PHP 7.0.0 Server.
Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_User::isMemberOfUserGroup() must be of the type array, null given, called in /library/DigitalPointAdPositioning/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php on line 41 - library/XenForo/Model/User.php:1707
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 5:41 AM

Stack Trace
#0 /library/DigitalPointAdPositioning/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php(41): XenForo_Model_User->isMemberOfUserGroup(NULL, Array)
#1 /library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): DigitalPointAdPositioning_ViewPublic_Thread_View->renderHtml()
#2 /library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('DigitalPointAdP...', 'Html', Array, 'thread_view')
#3 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(604): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'thread_view', NULL)
#4 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#5 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(102) "http://www.myforum.com/thread/81/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/thread/81/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

How to manually patch this?
Thanks!