XF 1.4 Difficulties setting permission

xoa

Hello, at the moment I'm just a bit confused about setting the permission right.

What is the fastest way setting the permission to allow the "Registered" User-Group so that they can create a thread in a specific forum, and disallow posting/replying/create threads in every other forum?

Another question, how can I disable the "Buy Upgrade" feature for specific usergroups? I wan't them to make their first post in the Introduction forum first, then I approve them as "Verified Members" (new usergroup), and only then they are allowed to buy the upgrade.

There is no option to limit upgrades to specific user groups.

You could edit the template and use a user group conditional statement.

I think I got it. I opened the account_upgrades template and added on top
Code:
<xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 1, 2, 5}">

and at the end

Code:
</xen:if>

It works, but the better solution would be to hide the Link to the Upgrades and not only the Upgrades itself, but lets see if I find out that one too.

Last edited:
I have still a different problem.
I've set up a User Promotion. After a user does his first post in a specific forum, I have to approve the post, once approved, then the user group should change automatically from "Registered Member" to "Verified Member". But it just wont happen. I also run the Cron manually.
Is there something wrong with my settings?

Attachments

• 2.webp
    2.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    57.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 3
The user will remain in the Registered group and should be added to Verified.

The promotion should work, though you don't actually need to select the Registered group in the promotion criteria. The promotion should kick in when the member is next active after the from has run.

Looking at your permission setup for Registered, there are several errors. Firstly, you haven't set permissions for them to post new threads, reply to posts or like posts. Secondly you have two permissions set to Never for the Registered group. You should use these here as Never cannot be overridden and everyone should have Registered as their primary user group. Set the permissions to Not Set (No) instead.

I modified everything as you said, but unfortunately, the user stays in Registered user group. :(
As I said

The user will remain in the Registered group and should be added to Verified.
They won't be removed from the Registered group.

Have you logged on as the user after running the user group promotion cron and then checked after that if they have been added to the Verified group (assuming they have made a post that has been approved, of course)?

Ok, now it seems to work, the user has now been assigned to the "Verified Group" as secondary user group. But now I run into another problem. Since I used a conditional statement to hide the the Account Upgrades for the "Registered" User group, now my Verified members also can't see the Account Upgrades. I think because "Registered" is still their Primary group.

Top Bottom