Duplicate  Deleting my own post

erich37

1)
lets say I do have a post at "page 6" of a certain thread.
then I go and delete my own post.
When deleting, I am automatically being forwarded to the first page of the thread, which is rather surprising to the user. The user wants to keep staying at "page 6" and not being automatically forwarded to the first page of the thread.

2)
having quoted comments (from other users) on my deleted post, then clicking on the small arrow towards my original but deleted post gives an error-message, which is fine.
But the error-message needs a better wording, like e.g. "this post has been deleted by the user who wrote it". The wording of the current error-message does not clearly say why this is an error.

Many thanks,

1)
lets say I do have a post at "page 6" of a certain thread.
then I go and delete my own post.
When deleting, I am automatically being forwarded to the first page of the thread, which is rather surprising to the user. The user wants to keep staying at "page 6" and not being automatically forwarded to the first page of the thread.
I deleted one of my posts earlier today, and this didn't happen to me; after deleting, I stayed right there on the same page. I wonder if it's another browser-specific bug?

Both of these are borderline suggestions.

However, the first one has already been reported as a bug. The second one has come up in suggestions as more specific error messages (including for deleted content).

Top Bottom