1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Deleting my own post

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by erich37, Aug 22, 2010.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

1)
    lets say I do have a post at "page 6" of a certain thread.
    then I go and delete my own post.
    When deleting, I am automatically being forwarded to the first page of the thread, which is rather surprising to the user. The user wants to keep staying at "page 6" and not being automatically forwarded to the first page of the thread.

2)
    having quoted comments (from other users) on my deleted post, then clicking on the small arrow towards my original but deleted post gives an error-message, which is fine.
    But the error-message needs a better wording, like e.g. "this post has been deleted by the user who wrote it". The wording of the current error-message does not clearly say why this is an error.

Many thanks,

Peggy and James like this.
  2. James

James Well-Known Member

I personally would consider them (number 2 at least) to be a bug. I completely agree however.

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Moving this thread to bug reports.

4. James

James Well-Known Member

Thanks Peggy! :)

5. CBI Web

CBI Web Well-Known Member

I deleted one of my posts earlier today, and this didn't happen to me; after deleting, I stayed right there on the same page. I wonder if it's another browser-specific bug?

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, this hasn't happened to me either when deleting my own post.

7. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

well, it happens to me all the time.

Using FireFox 3.6.8

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Both of these are borderline suggestions.

However, the first one has already been reported as a bug. The second one has come up in suggestions as more specific error messages (including for deleted content).

9. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member