XF 1.5 Delete conversations from Admin area: how does it work?

Azaly

Could somebody tell me what “User → Delete conversations” exactly do? Is it delete all conversation started by this user? Or all conversation with this user? Or just leave every conversation from his inbox (so other users could read them if they do not leave them)?

Technically, there's only one conversation record. But there are multiple user and recipient records for each conversation. This deletes the master conversation record, hence, yes, the conversation will no longer appear in any of the recipient's inboxes.

I've never needed to use this, so I'm not clear on its intended use case. Is it primarily for cleaning up a member record before formally deleting them from the system? Or maybe a spammer slipped in and other members speak up and say they're receiving unsolicited Conversations from them?

I can't imagine the ire it would draw to delete every Conversation from a certain member, unless it was disciplinary in nature and part of the cleanup strategy prior to deleting them permanently. Am I missing something @Chris D?

Top Bottom