Duplicate Defacto usergroup tagging

arsenik

As there is a new Xenforo (2.0) coming I would like to suggest something in my opinion would be extremely useful.

Usergroup tagging - the ability to tag usergroups with @usergroup_name notation. Very useful if you want to tag a specific group of persons, so you don't need to type each name manually.

While there are already - very - few addons on it, I would like to see it adopted as default in XF, as these addons usually not scale very well with multiple tagged usergroups, and often full of minor issues like sometimes the notifications not being always received. I was also talking with a dev of one of those mods telling me he was limited because XF tagging system didn't really work well with the idea of tagging usergroups (archaic behavior sometimes afaik, scalability issues, etc.). Maybe was it proposed before though, in this case my apologies, didn't find much about it, surprisingly.

While I doubt scalability could be much improved (stays a query to be performed), I think default support for it would permit to have a more solid implementation as time goes by.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
2-3 years old forgotten post, not going to revive that. I was speaking in the optic of XF 2.0. Surprised you close my post in favor of such an old post. I guess I'll attempt reviving it, but your decision is nonetheless funny.

@registered :eek:
I think its natural to think some usergroups would not be taggable. Could be set as such in the CP I guess.

This addon : https://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-mentions-improvements-by-xon.4416/ does most of what I'm asking to be honest, but seeing it as a default implemented feature will certainly be a plus, because while the addon is the best out of its category, it still has some issues, issues that are not part of the addon script itself (from some of my testing), but inherent to the XF apis. Those aren't really adapted to implementing this. I won't comment on every specific issue I've encountered with the addon, just saying an official implementation would be ideal and solve those altogether.

2-3 years old forgotten post, not going to revive that. I was speaking in the optic of XF 2.0. Surprised you close my post in favor of such an old post. I guess I'll attempt reviving it, but your decision is nonetheless funny.

That's how it works. The other post is still open and suggestions that old are still being considered for 2.0. In fact I believe one of the most popular suggestions that was mentioned as being considered is probably from 1.0.

If the suggestion is for the same thing, closing the older one will harm your cause as likes on the first post are a big part of what counts.

Top Bottom