[DCom] Live Content

[DCom] Live Content [Paid] 2.7.12

No permission to buy ($30.00)
This indicator displays the presence of the user on the current page

Right, does not seem to work properly for me. My 2 test users are in the same thread and page but they're showing as offline to each other. Maybe because I'm testing multiple accounts from the same machine?

View attachment 269881

But everyone will know that there are sound alerts :D

Ooh, didn't see that, cute but still - sensible defaults would be good.

Set live thread to No by default to Registered, add option to 'enable' sound by default for all users (just like you have for whatsxfmessenger for private conversations). Should be no sound by default.

Right, does not seem to work properly for me. My 2 test users are in the same thread and page but they're showing as offline to each other. Maybe because I'm testing multiple accounts from the same machine?
Two browser windows open at once? Online will only show when the window is active.

Ooh, didn't see that, cute but still - sensible defaults would be good.

Set live thread to No by default to Registered, add option to 'enable' sound by default for all users (just like you have for whatsxfmessenger for private conversations). Should be no sound by default.
I'll add later.

I'll add later.

Great.

My other quick suggestions:

1. Forum View - live update threads when in forum view
2. Scroll to new message - facebook style scroll to CTA option to see new message if you're not on the last message, particularly useful for mobile
3. Other websocket support? - Centrifugo/centrifugal or other third party websocket provider?

Great.

My other quick suggestions:

1. Forum View - live update threads when in forum view
2. Scroll to new message - facebook style scroll to CTA option to see new message if you're not on the last message, particularly useful for mobile
3. Other websocket support? - Centrifugo/centrifugal or other third party websocket provider?
1. Maybe
2. Add as an option
3. No, not within this plugin.

If the input box is at the top or bottom of the screen for user A and user B is also typing there is a screen wobble and unintended scroll experienced for user A as reported on my forums.

• Wow
Reactions: rdn
How to install the PHP event extension on CentOS7?

And is there an option to disable the red avatar border? We prefer not to show it all the time in every thread. It's enough to have a green border to indicate active user and no border for inactive/idle user.

Observation. I'm running behind cloudflare, when the socket server is down cloudflare will generate a 502 error with your host intermittently on any onclick actions such as clicking on the like button etc.

How do you connect to the socket server?
Native or via Proxy?

Via nginx proxy. Only happens with CF in front. Really weird as it's intermittent or I'd have spotted it sooner. Reminded me to set the PHP job under systemd as a demon as it obviously won't wake up on its own.

If someone else is running it with CF try stopping the PHP socket service and see if you get what I saw.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: rdn
This is problematic on a very active thread.
I like the way it is now.

The current socket server is very stable for the 2 large forums I managed (each on different servers).
With 700-800 connected socket on off peak hours and 1200-1300 on peak hours.

I am guessing this is use too much resources for running on a silly vps? I had something similar and it crashed my site so i am gonna keep looking this looks like a nightmare to get setup safely.

Top Bottom