Resource icon

[dc] Smiley Manager 1.1.0

No permission to download
Just wondering : why it takes like 2 seconds to open the first time (after a page refresh), then after it opens instantaneously ? Is it because you load the js on-demand, or something ?

Just wondering : why it takes like 2 seconds to open the first time (after a page refresh), then after it opens instantaneously ? Is it because you load the js on-demand, or something ?
The smiles won't load until you click on the tab, and it will load all of your smiles when opening the smiley panel. So it will takes some time to load. It is by designed.
I'm thinking of changing it to this: the smilies of other categories won't load until the left or right arrow is clicked. However, I need to test this first to see which one is better.

Thanks for the answer. Sorry for my ignorance, but how it's different from the editor, which loads smileys instantaneously ? Since it's spritesheets and already cached, I don't understand why it takes so much time with your addon ?

Thanks for the answer. Sorry for my ignorance, but how it's different from the editor, which loads smileys instantaneously ? Since it's spritesheets and already cached, I don't understand why it takes so much time with your addon ?
link me your website. I'll take a look.

Maybe it would be a good idea to use the "JsOnly" class for the smilies tab so that users without js won't see it. Is it also possible to have an option to set a cookie so that it remembers each users state? People who regularly use smilies may just prefer to have the tab left open (maybe even remember the specific category they last used) instead of having to click it each time.

Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but inserting the smilies also doesn't work if you're not using the rich text editor and use the plain editor instead.

Maybe it would be a good idea to use the "JsOnly" class for the smilies tab so that users without js won't see it. Is it also possible to have an option to set a cookie so that it remembers each users state? People who regularly use smilies may just prefer to have the tab left open (maybe even remember the specific category they last used) instead of having to click it each time.

Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but inserting the smilies also doesn't work if you're not using the rich text editor and use the plain editor instead.
Good idea. But right now I'm busy with other projects so my priority is to fix the bugs first.
I will look closer into suggestions and try to implement them in the add-on when I'm done with my current project.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the issue with plain text editor will be fixed in next update. It will be released soon.

Good idea. But right now I'm busy with other projects so my priority is to fix the bugs first.
I will look closer into suggestions and try to implement them in the add-on when I'm done with my current project.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the issue with plain text editor will be fixed in next update. It will be released soon.

Thanks again for the work you put in. Like I mentioned before, forever appreciative of the time and effort you put into all of this. bigthumbsup.gif << you get the bigthumbsup :)

Something weird, when i click on the smilies drop down button i get an error 403, i check and even calling the url i get error 403. Is this the correct call for the drop down?

https://mysite.com/smilies/?editor_id=ctrl_message

EDIT: must be a problem with rewrites on nginx, if i use the full url, or disable friedly urls, it works ( index.php?smilies/&editor_id=ctrl_message ). Damn :(

Any way to disable the use of the friendly url in the addon?

EDIT2: it happens my custom smilies are in /smilies so that's the problem, nothing to do with the addon.

Thanks for the update.

About "Made minor change to improve loading time when opening the smiley panel." ; Unfortunately I see no changes, and it kind of bothers me as it should be as fast as the list in the editor. Could you add an option to preload like does the editor ? It would be great.

had to go in & re-edit the scroll delay setting. other than that, upgrade went flawless

Thanks for the update.

About "Made minor change to improve loading time when opening the smiley panel." ; Unfortunately I see no changes, and it kind of bothers me as it should be as fast as the list in the editor. Could you add an option to preload like does the editor ? It would be great.
The smileys in the editor list are not categorized so we can't use them in the smiley panel. We have to load all of the smileys again for the smiley manager add-on.

My site has a lot of animated smileys and categories. So if all of the smileys are preloaded, it will take much longer to load a page.
Currently, it will load the first 3 categories when you clicking on the link to open the panel. When you click on the arrow, it will load the next 3 categories.
I saw a significant change in loading time when opening the smiley panel on my forums. As I recall, your site has only 3 categories that's why you don't see any changes.

This addon does not have the option of adding multiple smilies instead of one by one or this single addon is used to categorize the smilies

This addon does not have the option of adding multiple smilies instead of one by one or this single addon is used to categorize the smilies

This add-on hasn't had this feature introduced yet. The main features of this add-on are what was mocked up initially. Batch uploading I'm sure will come in the future the quirks/issues have to been ironed out first before adding more features. I'm sure HTDesignz will clarify that for you shortly.

edit: Nin'jd by htdesignz. :P

Top Bottom