Resource icon

[dc] Smiley Manager 1.1.0

No permission to download
I'm back with other things.

on the smilie category page, would be nice if it listed the number of smilies in each

on the change category overlay, a delete button would be nice. what I'm doing to delete a bunch now is check them, move them to an inactive "trash" category, & then deleting the cat w/ all the smilies in it.

Getting this to work on mobiles would be the icing on the cake. Great add-on, thanks.

that is being looked at myself and stewart have reported issues to the author regarding mobile usage. However, On my nexus 7 using chrome the smiley manager worked flawlessly, I expect on all if not most tablets there won't be any issues witht he smiley manager as there are with the native browser you get on 3rd part mobile phones.

Anyone tested this out on the ipad?

When I use my cellphone, the text editor's toolbar disappears. Does anyone encounter this issue?
I'm trying to fix the mobile issue. However, the toolbar's disappearance makes it impossible to fix.

nYdK0.png

I was testing on my Eee Pad Transformer and noticed this issue.
The category with a lot of smiles is supposed to have a scroll bar, but the scroll bar doesn't show up.
When I swipe up, the smilies from other categories will show up.

Isn't it a known issue that xenForo's rich text editor doesn't work on mobiles? I could be wrong there.

When I use it on my Galaxy Nexus I see the plain text editor with the smileys tab underneath. If I click to reveal the smileys the ajax loading bar appears in the top right corner and remains there. The smilies are revealed and I can swipe left and right to see other smiley categories but if I click one to place it in the post my browser just jumps to the top of the page.

Isn't it a known issue that xenForo's rich text editor doesn't work on mobiles? I could be wrong there.

When I use it on my Galaxy Nexus I see the plain text editor with the smileys tab underneath. If I click to reveal the smileys the ajax loading bar appears in the top right corner and remains there. The smilies are revealed and I can swipe left and right to see other smiley categories but if I click one to place it in the post my browser just jumps to the top of the page.

I had no issues posting a smiley into a post on the nexus 7 but if memory recalls it does jump to the top of the page but the smiley does submit to the post. I'll re-check that though and confirm if that is the case i do vaguely remember having to scroll back down for something and wasn't sure whether that was on the htc desire mobile phone or N7.

Just tested on the Nexus 7 again. Everything works fine, it doesn't jump to the top of the post and the smiley submits to post without any issues whatsoever. It must have been on the HTC Desire mobile using the native browser that jumps up to the top of the page.

Just tested on the Nexus 7 again. Everything works fine, it doesn't jump to the top of the post and the smiley submits to post without any issues whatsoever. It must have been on the HTC Desire mobile using the native browser that jumps up to the top of the page.

Native browser on S3 causes it to jump to top without posting.

I could install Chrome and FF mobile, and test those as well....

Native browser on S3 causes it to jump to top without posting.

I could install Chrome and FF mobile, and test those as well....

I would have tried and installed those but it's not my mobile. That would be great if you could test those out stewart it's always nice knowing what works and what doesn't.

Ok, on S3.

Chrome --- jump to top.
Firefox --- jump to top.
Default --- jump to top.

Smilies all appear in the dropdown on all three browsers, so displaying is not an issue. Here is a screen from each.

Chrome .. Firefox .. Default
Chrome.webp FF.webp Default.webp

Ok, on S3.

Chrome --- jump to top.
Firefox --- jump to top.
Default --- jump to top.

Smilies all appear in the dropdown on all three browsers, so displaying is not an issue. Here is a screen from each.

Chrome .. Firefox .. Default
View attachment 35171 View attachment 35173 View attachment 35172

Thanks, appreciate you taking the time. The old happyplace smiley add-on had issues but this really isn't a showstopper for me. Users are always able to fallback on the xf dropdown menu using mobile phones. I'd hate to see how big that is on my test forum, I have 3 categories currently.

It is the Tinymce editor's issue on mobile that causes the smiley manager does not work on mobile.
I'm afraid there's no way to fix it since it depends on the Tinymce editor.

Top Bottom