[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.7.0

No permission to buy ($12.45)
@DragonByte Tech

Is there a way to create your own styled User Styles via CSS? I'm thinking of adding a glitter background for user names but the only styles for username styling I see are the ones that come pre-built into the shop.. like glow/underline/shadow/bold etc..

@DragonByte Tech

Is there a way to prevent the user we assigned the shop to from being robbed? We used an account that nobody used and called it "Shop bot" ... but now everyone uses this bot as a means to steal points from since there are always credits in the wallet. :confused: Making it easy for users to buy an upgrade, and then go back and steal the credits back from the bot.We could manually login and deposit credits, but this is hard for a board with a lot of activity.

@DragonByte Tech

Is there a way to prevent the user we assigned the shop to from being robbed? We used an account that nobody used and called it "Shop bot" ... but now everyone uses this bot as a means to steal points from since there are always credits in the wallet. :confused: Making it easy for users to buy an upgrade, and then go back and steal the credits back from the bot.We could manually login and deposit credits, but this is hard for a board with a lot of activity.
Give them an "Immunity" item with Steal Immunity enabled :)

Can you use credits to change the username or title of another member?
That used to be a feature, but I don't believe this is possible anymore since the rewrite. You can gift the item itself, but you can't configure it as part of the gifting process anymore, due to the possibility for abuse.

There hasn't really been a huge outcry for this to return either.

That being said, the possibility for abuse is slightly less on XenForo than vBulletin, since on XF you can still login with your email.

That used to be a feature, but I don't believe this is possible anymore since the rewrite. You can gift the item itself, but you can't configure it as part of the gifting process anymore, due to the possibility for abuse.

There hasn't really been a huge outcry for this to return either.

That being said, the possibility for abuse is slightly less on XenForo than vBulletin, since on XF you can still login with your email.

Thanks for the reply.

Another question, can you integrate the shop somehow with the Xenforo resource manager?

I'm wondering if you can use earned credits to download a limited amount of resources? Pay with credits to download is what i'm getting at?

Edit: I saw you can earn credits by downloading a Xenforo Resrouce Manager file, but wasn't sure about paying to download.

Edit: I saw you can earn credits by downloading a Xenforo Resrouce Manager file, but wasn't sure about paying to download.
Using DB Credits as opposed to DB Shop, you can set the "XenForo Resource Download" event to charge. However, on its own that does not function as a "pay-to-own" system. It will charge users every time they download the resource.

That being said, v5.5.0 (currently in Beta) of DB Credits does introduce Credits as a payment profile, so you could combine that with any of the "buy resource" add-ons and enable a DB Credits payment profile in that add-on.

How does the immunity work?

• Ability to sell immunity to Username Change / User Title Change / Steal.

A bit confused because if you have immunity from username/user title change, I understood that as though other people can change your username and this item protects you from that happening.

I know you just mentioned that wasn’t the case above, so not sure how this item works then?

How does the immunity work?

A bit confused because if you have immunity from username/user title change, I understood that as though other people can change your username and this item protects you from that happening.

I know you just mentioned that wasn’t the case above, so not sure how this item works then?
Honestly, those two parts of the immunity item are remnants of how it used to work. The Steal portion still does what it says on the tin, though, as that feature is still there :)

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This version changes the way currencies are displayed in the postbit and fixes a couple minor issues.

Complete Change Log

Change: Ensure currency display in the postbit is displayed inline
Fix: Fix an issue where an icon would not be resized if the proportions were too misaligned
Fix: Fix an issue with merging users

Read the rest of this update entry...

If I have an VIP area which is for VIP only, and now I use this addons to make a transaction which is allow purchaser to access that forum for 1 month. Can this addon do that?

If I have an VIP area which is for VIP only, and now I use this addons to make a transaction which is allow purchaser to access that forum for 1 month. Can this addon do that?
You can indeed, there's an item type called "Forum Access", and items with that item type can be set to expire 1 month after purchase :)

Top Bottom