[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map

[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map 2.5.0

No permission to download
May it be possible to add the functionality, that users are shown by their post code?

To choose, whether to use IP based location or post code?

This would be fantastic!

May I humbly ask for a simple:

• Yes, we are going to... or
  • No, won't be included...

Just ignoring it is a bit .. impolite...

Thank you.

May I humbly ask for a simple:

• Yes, we are going to... or
  • No, won't be included...
Just ignoring it is a bit .. impolite...

Thank you.
Fillip has posted already, that this map add-on won´t receive more functionality by now. He also mentioned reasonable that, if a user is willing to fund that development, he would develop and implement the desired functions. That´s just fair. Please read his post in https://xenforo.com/community/threads/dbtech-dragonbyte-member-map.140005/post-1297268 and following.

Thanks for your advice.

Since I am not reading all support-messages in a thread, this came in handy. I just search globally.

But how do we get in contact to evaluate the funding price?

Would it be possible to have the map default to a smaller area, perhaps 100 miles across instead of the entire US?

Would doing so make the map more efficient than initially loading it with more than 2,000 pins?

Would it be possible to have the map default to a smaller area, perhaps 100 miles across instead of the entire US?

Would doing so make the map more efficient than initially loading it with more than 2,000 pins?
The default zoom level has no impact on the performance of loading pins, as far as I know.

Strange, when I disabled all add-ons on your site and saved the preferences, it worked perfectly fine 🤔

Furthermore, disabling and re-enabling all addons saves the preferences without issue.
Still no go for me.. Heck, is this a browser issue? Second, should the value be stored onClick or with hitting the save button on that page?

Edit: Tested it now with Chrome, Firefox, Opera and MSIE - always a turn & burn. Have to admit, I have no idea why this works for you but not for me..

Last edited:
Still no go for me.. Heck, is this a browser issue? Second, should the value be stored onClick or with hitting the save button on that page?

Edit: Tested it now with Chrome, Firefox, Opera and MSIE - always a turn & burn. Have to admit, I have no idea why this works for you but not for me..
Works perfectly fine for me in Safari Technology Preview & Chrome (macOS).

Just to be sure, we´re on the same page - the setting on the map itself works. I am referring to the setting here:
View attachment 195805

When I opt out via this setting, the value isn´t stored and the checkbox turns into inactive again, when reloading the site. When I opt out via the map, the checkbox is activated in the privacy setting, as it should be. Only the direct way via the privacy site doesn´t work. Can you confirm that, Fillip?

Can anyone confirm this issue? Don´t wanna call it a "bug" until this gets confirmed by others.

Just to be sure, we´re on the same page - the setting on the map itself works. I am referring to the setting here:
View attachment 195805

When I opt out via this setting, the value isn´t stored and the checkbox turns into inactive again, when reloading the site. When I opt out via the map, the checkbox is activated in the privacy setting, as it should be. Only the direct way via the privacy site doesn´t work. Can you confirm that, Fillip?

For me both options are not working :( Could you find out anything?

Can anyone confirm this issue? Don´t wanna call it a "bug" until this gets confirmed by others.

Yes, same issue for me. Tested it with 5 members, all same issues.

I created a testuser and wanted to opt him out. Checkbox are ticked but everyone who has access to the map is still seeing him.

Capture.webp

Created an addition test group "xx no map xx". According to analyze permissions the user "testuser" should not be included on the map. Still he is showing up. Any help would be appreciated.

I can not opt out as a user, I can't do a workaround and create a group and deny "Included on map", because it is also not working.

Last edited:
Yes, same issue for me. Tested it with 5 members, all same issues.

I created a testuser and wanted to opt him out. Checkbox are ticked but everyone who has access to the map is still seeing him.

View attachment 198980

Created an addition test group "xx no map xx". According to analyze permissions the user "testuser" should not be included on the map. Still he is showing up. Any help would be appreciated.

I can not opt out as a user, I can't do a workaround and create a group and deny "Included on map", because it is also not working.

First things first: glad to hear, it´s not only me. Unfortunal, this is the same with me. And that brings the problem with it, that I am not allowed to use the map add-on, as the failing opt-out violates the GPDR. At least as long, as I don´t wanna be charged by a troll or an underpayed lawyer.

For me both options are not working :( Could you find out anything?

Sorry to say that, but no. I can´t even identify the error, since there is none. Wether in the XF logs, nor in the server logs. Fillip was testing it on my site and for him it seemed to work perferctly. Meanwhile I could exclude, that it´s a browser issue. And as insane as it sounds, following Ockhams razor, I believe the problem has to be the OS used on the users private machine. Fillip is using a MacOS, I am using a Windows version. In any other case I would think "Pretty unlikly!" - but this is the only obvious difference between Fillips successful and my unsuccessful attempts. I assume that´s the reason, why Fillip can´t reproduce this. What are you using, @t0daY ?

First things first: glad to hear, it´s not only me. Unfortunal, this is the same with me. And that brings the problem with it, that I am not allowed to use the map add-on, as the failing opt-out violates the GPDR. At least as long, as I don´t wanna be charged by a troll or an underpayed lawyer.

Sorry to say that, but no. I can´t even identify the error, since there is none. Wether in the XF logs, nor in the server logs. Fillip was testing it on my site and for him it seemed to work perferctly. Meanwhile I could exclude, that it´s a browser issue. And as insane as it sounds, following Ockhams razor, I believe the problem has to be the OS used on the users private machine. Fillip is using a MacOS, I am using a Windows version. In any other case I would think "Pretty unlikly!" - but this is the only obvious difference between Fillips successful and my unsuccessful attempts. I assume that´s the reason, why Fillip can´t reproduce this. What are you using, @t0daY ?

I am using Windows 10, same for my test subjects last night. But we tried various browsers with the same result. Can fire up quickly virtual box and try it with something else but would be odd that this is an OS related problem.

And yes I fear the same problem, as long as the members can't opt out I can not use this plugin without being on the safe side.

I gave up on the DragonByte product. The function was terrible. It failed to work on some IOS devices and was slow to load regardless of device. It would not fully zoom in to individual members with heat mapping enabled. We had many member complaints.

Requests to the developer for improved functionality were dismissed.

This add-on is meeting our needs well https://www.xf2addons.com/resources/members-map.460/

You can see it live at https://jetboaters.net/membersmap/

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I'd like to address this part, though:
Requests to the developer for improved functionality were dismissed.
This is a free add-on. Literally every single second I spend working on this add-on is time not spent working on stuff that will actually make money. The solution is not "make it paid, then". Not only is this a very niche add-on, but it would complicate things where people who have already downloaded it for free would expect some form of support, even though development focus would be on the new, separate paid version.

I very rarely "dismiss" requests for improved functionality, unless someone is only posting it here in this thread and not @ our site, where it can get logged and saved for later. I might say "there's currently no plans to implement this", which is not a dismissal. A lot of people seem to believe that requesting a piece of functionality means I drop literally everything to work on it, no matter what else is happening, and "there's currently no plans" translates into "I am not working on this right now".

You probably did not intend for this part of your post to come off as entitled, I understand that you're just frustrated. However, I would like to ask that while expressing your frustrations, you consider that there's a real person on the other side. I'd also like to ask that you consider that if the price is $0, expectations should be adjusted accordingly.

Thank you.

This is a free add-on.

My memory failed me there. It was the User Tagging add-on that I paid for. Certainly can not complain about free.

User Tagging works better than the map but we still have issues with users who are not in the group being notified when the Administrative user is tagged.

Thank you for your development work. We had some of your add-ons that worked very well with XF 1.5.

User Tagging works better than the map but we still have issues with users who are not in the group being notified when the Administrative user is tagged.
If I've missed a support ticket @ our site then I do apologise, there aren't any open tickets for the User Tagging add-on at the moment.

If you'd like to start a new ticket @ our site then I can certainly do my best to help resolve this issue.

Top Bottom