[DBTech] DragonByte Donate

[DBTech] DragonByte Donate [Paid] 3.7.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
I understand but your addon is not to donate, it is to buy or pay
So you see when you're going to donate and you're not going to pay
Screenshot_109.webp

Hello @DragonByte Tech
Package you provided now contains both XF1 files and XF2 files and they are mixed up. Uploading the files from addon is not giving an option in XF admin panel to upgrade this. Still showing up 3.0.1 and not 3.0.2
How to upgrade? Thanks

Is it possible to set a donation that never ends, with no donation goal? I don't intend to have donation drives, but a simple donation page that shows all previous donations. My current test donation drive with no goal amount, no start or end date deactivates itself daily.

Is it possible to set a donation that never ends, with no donation goal? I don't intend to have donation drives, but a simple donation page that shows all previous donations. My current test donation drive with no goal amount, no start or end date deactivates itself daily.
You can, yes. Set recurring to no, then a start date, then leave end date blank and no donation goal.

Fillip

There should be an option for a fully custom donation page, rather than using the donation drive name, donation drive short and long descriptions.

I would like to use HTML to format my page and insert the donations bar and donations list where ever I want. Perhaps using something like {_DonationsBar_}, {_DonationList_} in the code to be replaced with the bar and list respectively.

1. Is that something you would consider adding? If not, perhaps bbcode support?
2. For now, where can I edit the layout? I don't like having the title displayed three times in the same page.
WHY.png

There should be an option for a fully custom donation page, rather than using the donation drive name, donation drive short and long descriptions.

I would like to use HTML to format my page and insert the donations bar and donations list where ever I want. Perhaps using something like {_DonationsBar_}, {_DonationList_} in the code to be replaced with the bar and list respectively.

1. Is that something you would consider adding? If not, perhaps bbcode support?
2. For now, where can I edit the layout? I don't like having the title displayed three times in the same page.
WHY.png
Those things are not readily customisable as the donation page uses the widget system to deploy drives. Editing it in one location would also affect every other drive display.

Fillip

1. I'm back with an error. When I try to disable currencies it sits there for 30 seconds and does nothing. I can see the loading bar the whole time.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded src/addons/DBTech/Donate/Model/Currency.php:291

Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

2. Can you add avatar support to the recent donations list? You're probably going to say no, but at least give me the option as a user to do it myself by adding: <xf:avatar user="{$user}" size="xs" /> in my "dbtech_donate_widget_recent" template.

I'm back with an error. When I try to disable currencies it sits there for 30 seconds and does nothing. I can see the loading bar the whole time.
If you disable the last currency then there is no more currencies to revert to as the primary currency, so this is to be expected.

Can you add avatar support to the recent donations list? You're probably going to say no, but at least give me the option as a user to do it myself by adding: <xf:avatar user="{$user}" size="xs" /> in my "dbtech_donate_widget_recent" template.
Due to the way the addon is coded, it's unlikely that modifying the template like that is going to produce the result without additional support in the files itself. I will look into this for inclusion in a future version.

Fillip

It won't even let me disable one currency. Currently I have five enabled. I get that error when I try to disable one of them.

No, not the primary currency. I am trying to disable it using the toggle button. However I just found out if I click on the currency and deactivate it through the radio button under currency settings, it works just fine. That'll do for now.

I am looking forward to the addition of "{$user}" in the recent donations template. :)

This is probably the wrong thread to ask in, but to upgrade I simply upload the addon and overwrite all the files then rebuild the addon? Or do I uninstall, remove and install the updated version?

Edit: Does this version have "{$user}" support in the recent donations template? (y)

This is probably the wrong thread to ask in, but to upgrade I simply upload the addon and overwrite all the files then rebuild the addon?
XF2 has an upgrade button when you upload the new files. Under no circumstances should you uninstall as that will erase all your data.

Edit: Does this version have "{$user}" support in the recent donations template? (y)
If it's not in the change log, chances are it's not in the product. This version is a bugfix rollup, not a feature release.

Fillip

Code:
Exception: Invalid Exchange Rate API Response src/addons/DBTech/Donate/Model/Currency.php:297

#0 src/addons/DBTech/Donate/Model/Currency.php(340): DBTech\Donate\Model\Currency->getExchangeRates()
#1 src/addons/DBTech/Donate/Entity/Currency.php(126): DBTech\Donate\Model\Currency->setExchangeRates()
#2 src/addons/DBTech/Donate/Application/Entity.php(941): DBTech\Donate\Entity\Currency->_postSave()
#4 src/addons/DBTech/Donate/Entity/Currency.php(126): DBTech\Donate\Model\Currency->setExchangeRates()
#5 src/addons/DBTech/Donate/Application/Entity.php(941): DBTech\Donate\Entity\Currency->_postSave()
#6 src/addons/DBTech/Donate/Model/Currency.php(346): DBTech\Donate\Application\Entity->save()

Then it runs the above lines many times.
Code:
#21297 src/addons/DBTech/Donate/Model/Currency.php(346): DBTech\Donate\Application\Entity->save()
#21298 src/addons/DBTech/Donate/Entity/Currency.php(126): DBTech\Donate\Model\Currency->setExchangeRates()
#21299 src/addons/DBTech/Donate/Application/Entity.php(941): DBTech\Donate\Entity\Currency->_postSave()
#21300 src/addons/DBTech/Donate/Model/Currency.php(346): DBTech\Donate\Application\Entity->save()
#21301 src/addons/DBTech/Donate/XF/Cron/Donate.php(9): DBTech\Donate\Model\Currency->setExchangeRates()

#21302 [internal function]: DBTech\Donate\XF\Cron\Donate::setExchangeRates(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#21303 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(35): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#21304 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Cron->run(7.9999988079071)
#21305 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999988079071)
#21306 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999988079071)
#21307 job.php(15): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#21308 {main}

I upgraded to DragonByte Donate 3.0.3 on the 5th, on Thursday and double checked through the administrator logs. The error occurred yesterday, on the 6th, on Friday.

I have only one drive, with two currencies enabled, primary and secondary. The drive has a start date, no end date, a goal amount of "0" and "Is Recurring" set to "No". I received a donation using the secondary currency 41 minutes before the error occurred.

PS: How about that "{$user}" in the recent donations template and I would stop bothering you.

I upgraded to DragonByte Donate 3.0.3 on the 5th
I have applied a hotfix that should address this issue. The problem was that the exchange rate lookup would attempt to set the rate for the primary currency, which is unneeded. Whenever the primary currency was updated, it triggered an exchange rate lookup, [...]

I've updated the lookup to skip primary currency and changed the logic to trigger fewer background updates.

Fillip

Top Bottom