[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.0.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
In short, I'm going to need an incredibly compelling argument as to why I should risk my company's reputation in order to add this feature, because the more I think about it, the more I want to douse it with holy water in the hope it goes away.
I think letting members themselves opt-in is the solution to this. By simply installing DB Credits, it shouldn't work out of the box. The members have to choose themselves if they'd like to earn credits in exchange for their CPU usage by pressing a button.

I think letting members themselves opt-in is the solution to this. By simply installing DB Credits, it shouldn't work out of the box. The members have to choose themselves if they'd like to earn credits in exchange for their CPU usage by pressing a button.
I'm still a bit on the fence about it, it's something I can revisit at a later point methinks.

Fillip

I'm still a bit on the fence about it, it's something I can revisit at a later point methinks.
It'd be an awesome addition IMO. If the user chooses to enable it, they shouldn't be upset to hunt down the developer and complain xP

As for this :
Well, if you exclude this user group from all events (including earning and Donate events), then they won't be able to do it :)
Did you mean setting a specific user group to use the donate feature and other events? And then removing them from the user group when you want to disable it for specific members? That's the only thing I'm finding because in user group permissions, it doesn't have any option to do any of that or maybe I'm just overlooking something when searching for it. I'm on DragonByte Tech: Credits (Pro) 4.1.0 for XF 1 if that's important.

If that's the solution, I don't think I would have noticed it by just browsing the settings :X3:

Then again, it'll have to be a user group that members are automatically added to on registration. I don't think the registered user group (default member group) will work for it since it isn't recommended to remove members from that group.

Last edited:
Did you mean setting a specific user group to use the donate feature and other events?
I mean the "usergroup" setting in each event - the user groups selected will have access to use that event. If none are selected, all groups have access.

Selecting all groups minus the ones you don't want to have access means you effectively ban them from having that event apply to them.

Fillip

Selecting all groups minus the ones you don't want to have access means you effectively ban them from having that event apply to them.
So it works like I mentioned then.

The only problem is that new members will not earn credits from events until a cron is ran to add them to that user group I set. The default "registered" user group can't be used because you shouldn't remove members from that user group. This can possibly result in new members losing a little interest in earning credits right away while waiting for the cron to add them to the user group to start earning from events.

The above will be necessary because I'll have to remove people from that user group to achieve this.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just add a permission for "donate" similar to "adjust" in user group permissions? It's not an earning action like all the others.

Edit: I might be overthinking this a bit. The user group might only be needed for donating instead of actually earning credits from the other events. But you'll still need to add every member to a user group via cron and then remove them individually from that user group to disable it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of the exact feature set but from the Briv*ium credits premium addon that I use, I have several things disabled:

We do not allow:

Transferring
Exchanging
Stealing

Anything related to moving credits from one account or one type to another is not permitted. Things like interest or various ways that the currency can snowball are eliminated. We simply have a very plain jane setup, you get X credits for posting, and a few other things. These credits get used in the Snogg Raffles addon and I run a monthly giveaway. To prevent people from registering over and over and combining credits or other tactics like this, we've had to disable a lot of stuff to eliminate that incentive. We've already had people discover if you like then unlike profile posts fast enough sometimes they get doubled up, so that got removed, etc.

Option request....
Default credit amount in charge bbcode.
Example: Have a number scroller in options to adjust the charge bbcode credit amount.
This way there would always be a default amount when using charge bbcode.

@DragonByte Tech Getting error from view Transaction Log

Code:
    Error: Call to a member function getFormattedValue() on array src/addons/DBTech/Credits/ActionAdmin/Transactionlog.php:308

Generated by: Nirjon Dec 16, 2017 at 6:31 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Application/Core.php(173): DBTech\Credits\ActionAdmin\Transactionlog->actionView()
#1 src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Admin/Controller/Route.php(39): DBTech\Credits\Application\Core->runAction('DBTech\\Credits\\...')
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): DBTech\Credits\Admin\Controller\Route->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('DBTech\\Credits:...', 'Index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'dbtech_credits', Object(DBTech\Credits\Admin\Controller\Route), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1879): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#7 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#8 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(261) "/admin.php?action=view&perpage=15&username=&startdate%5Bmonth%5D=&startdate%5Bday%5D=&startdate%5Byear%5D=&enddate%5Bmonth%5D=&enddate%5Bday%5D=&enddate%5Byear%5D=&currencyid=0&eventtriggerid=&orderby=date&direction=DESC&_xfRoute=dbtech-credits%2Ftransactionlog"
  ["referrer"] => string(66) "/admin.php?dbtech-credits/transactionlog"
  ["_GET"] => array(10) {
    ["action"] => string(4) "view"
    ["perpage"] => string(2) "15"
    ["username"] => string(0) ""
    ["startdate"] => array(3) {
      ["month"] => string(0) ""
      ["day"] => string(0) ""
      ["year"] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["enddate"] => array(3) {
      ["day"] => string(0) ""
      ["year"] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["currencyid"] => string(1) "0"
    ["eventtriggerid"] => string(0) ""
    ["orderby"] => string(4) "date"
    ["direction"] => string(4) "DESC"
    ["_xfRoute"] => string(29) "dbtech-credits/transactionlog"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
    ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: prefix src/addons/DBTech/Credits/ActionAdmin/Transactionlog.php:308

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/DBTech/Credits/ActionAdmin/Transactionlog.php(308): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 308, Array)
#1 src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Application/Core.php(173): DBTech\Credits\ActionAdmin\Transactionlog->actionView()
#2 src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Admin/Controller/Route.php(39): DBTech\Credits\Application\Core->runAction('DBTech\\Credits\\...')
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): DBTech\Credits\Admin\Controller\Route->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('DBTech\\Credits:...', 'Index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'dbtech_credits', Object(DBTech\Credits\Admin\Controller\Route), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(1879): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#8 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#9 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(261) "/admin.php?action=view&perpage=15&username=&startdate%5Bmonth%5D=&startdate%5Bday%5D=&startdate%5Byear%5D=&enddate%5Bmonth%5D=&enddate%5Bday%5D=&enddate%5Byear%5D=&currencyid=0&eventtriggerid=&orderby=date&direction=DESC&_xfRoute=dbtech-credits%2Ftransactionlog"
  ["_GET"] => array(10) {
      ["day"] => string(0) ""
      ["year"] => string(0) ""
    }
      ["day"] => string(0) ""
      ["year"] => string(0) ""
    }
  }

Code:
    ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Array to string conversion src/addons/DBTech/Credits/ActionAdmin/Transactionlog.php:308

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/DBTech/Credits/ActionAdmin/Transactionlog.php(308): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Arra...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 308, Array)
#1 src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Application/Core.php(173): DBTech\Credits\ActionAdmin\Transactionlog->actionView()
#2 src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Admin/Controller/Route.php(39): DBTech\Credits\Application\Core->runAction('DBTech\\Credits\\...')
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): DBTech\Credits\Admin\Controller\Route->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('DBTech\\Credits:...', 'Index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'dbtech_credits', Object(DBTech\Credits\Admin\Controller\Route), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(1879): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#8 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#9 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(10) {
      ["day"] => string(0) ""
      ["year"] => string(0) ""
    }
      ["day"] => string(0) ""
      ["year"] => string(0) ""
    }
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Something pointless about this add-on one of my members mentioned today. In its current state, DB Credits lets members send a currency to themselves. They get an alert, it shows up in the transaction log and everything too, like someone else sent it to them.

Can there be a restriction in place that disallows this so an error displays when someone tires to send credits to themselves?

Something pointless about this add-on one of my members mentioned today. In its current state, DB Credits lets members send a currency to themselves. They get an alert, it shows up in the transaction log and everything too, like someone else sent it to them.

Can there be a restriction in place that disallows this so an error displays when someone tires to send credits to themselves?
Sorry, that is not an issue I am able to replicate in the current v5 build. If you are running the older (non-beta) v4, I don't know if it happened there.

If you are indeed running v5, please provide the step-by-step instructions for how to replicate this issue.

Fillip

Top Bottom