1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Customize the new post list

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Nobitakung, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Nobitakung

Nobitakung Member

I'm using Showcase and it creates a new associated discussion thread every time a Showcase Item is created and these type of threads will be included in the "New Posts" list (both in the sidebar and the /find-new/post page). What I want is to exclude these threads from the list. I've checked the database table, in the xf_thread table, I found that the discussion_type field value is 'showcase' for these threads. My question is where to modify the sql query or is there any other means to filter the value of this field?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You should direct your question to the author of the add-on.
  3. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Do you have the showcase threads post to a dedicated forum? Or are they mixed in with other threads in it?
  4. Nobitakung

Nobitakung Member

But if I know how Xenforo core system query the new post list, or where's the sql query, I'd be able to modify that sql query to exclude that thread type.

It's mixed together, it's make sense to do so.
  5. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Shame. Had they been separate, you could have set the node to not show in the new posts:-