XF 1.1 Custom User Fields in XenForo 1.1

One of the most requested features for XenForo 1.1 has been the ability to define custom fields for your users. Here's a first look at the user field system we've built.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

dark theme.
glowing.dropdown.webp

The glowing outline looks awesome on your site.

I have a few thousand of choices for some custom user checkbox fields. Would that slow down page generation time and if yes on which pages? I suggest at least the page where the user fills in the data for these fields will be very large.

I had the same problems with thread prefixes on vbulletin, they were loaded in lots of areas alltogether.

I haven't tried 1.1 yet, so this question probably isn't as stupid as first impression.

From an add-on authoring perspective, is it possible to create custom profile fields with the use of a .xml parameter, instead of telling admins to "create a field with blahblah as the Field ID and Blah Blah as Title", etc? If not, is this a possibility?

How do I add a "Private" profile field? so that field should only visible to super admin.
If you want a field that is visible to admins and the user in question, you can deselect the 'Viewable on Profile Page' option, but we don't support fields that are not viewable by the user themselves.

If you want a field that is visible to admins and the user in question, you can deselect the 'Viewable on Profile Page' option, but we don't support fields that are not viewable by the user themselves.
Alright, I will try it.
What if i want to offer sms alert subscription so i need to add a private field on registration form (for new users) and on edit profile page (for existing users) to get users numbers if they like to subscribe. I don't think its a good idea to publicly visible users cell phone numbers.

Alright, I will try it.
What if i want to offer sms alert subscription so i need to add a private field on registration form (for new users) and on edit profile page (for existing users) to get users numbers if they like to subscribe. I don't think its a good idea to publicly visible users cell phone numbers.
That's exactly what the 'Viewable on Profile Page' option is for. :)

I have posted this elsewhere, but would like to stress the importance of having the option to make the default profile fields mandatory, as you can with the custom fields.

I am still waiting on answer from Jaxel.. his ultimate random header addon was already configured to utilize custom user fields. There is no explanation on how to use this new resource.

This might have been asked, but I just posted up an easy way to make a country field for users. Would be awesome if there was a checkbox option for certain custom fields so we can search by people who have the same option selected. Something like:

* Make field searchable

So if I want to see all the people in the US, I could click on this guys "United States" and it brings that up :).

This might have been asked, but I just posted up an easy way to make a country field for users. Would be awesome if there was a checkbox option for certain custom fields so we can search by people who have the same option selected. Something like:

* Make field searchable

So if I want to see all the people in the US, I could click on this guys "United States" and it brings that up :).

John good idea but it's like tags, it needs to be controlled or it gets into multiple labels for the same thing.
In your example you'd need to call up all US all U.S. all USA all U.S.A. all America all the names of the States and their acronyms.
It would need one of those dropdowns that you select your location, USA State or country elsewhere.

So I created two custom fields successfully and now I'm getting an error message I tried Creating and "Eye Color" and then "Hair Color" and got the following message "Please enter an ID using only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and _ characters."

I Figured out that the User ID field will not accept "spaces from a space bar" Only a single word will work but not two words with a space.

As Noob to this board this might be normal but just a sharing...I would think that a space would be recognized by the system and an underline or such would be added automatically when saved. But this is Beta and I'm new to this Internet thing (not a joke I am)

is it a little weird that i find the voice in these videos soothing and comforting?
am i listening to software instructions or a nature documentary?

Top Bottom