Custom Tabs

Custom Tabs 1.6.3

No permission to download
Just Installed the Addon.

But im not able to create any tab from the Admin Control panel. i Don't see any options here:
I'm using xenforo 141, Files we successfully uploaded to the server.

tabsNoTabs.webp

Edit 1: Re Installed and seems to be working fine now.

Last edited:
I use "javascript:void(0)" but I need to click on the small arrow to view the dropdown, is there any way tom make the tab clickable if there is no link? I want to view the dropdown when I click on the Tab "anywhere on the tab", no need to click on the small side arrow

Thanks @Siropu , Great addon

You can use the setting "Display Dropdown on Tab Hover" instead. Also enable the setting "Nofollow" because I just found a bug and it won't work without "Style", "Nofollow" or "Open in New Window" options.

You can use the setting "Display Dropdown on Tab Hover" instead. Also enable the setting "Nofollow" because I just found a bug and it won't work without "Style", "Nofollow" or "Open in New Window" options.

Thanks @Siropu
What about mobile view? if I use "javascript:void(0)" and the Tab collapsed in mobile view. Is there anyway to open it and view the links inside this Tab?

Great add-on! Thanks again @Siropu ! For those of you that want to use this with Font Awesome, this code worked for me. Added to my extra.css.
Code:
.custom-tab-1 .navLink:before {
content: '\f075';
font-family: FontAwesome;
font-size: 15px;
font-weight: normal;
padding-right: 3px;
}

It would be great in the future to have it built in though.

Last edited:
I have installed this on two forums and have added two custom tabs on each. When I mouseover the first tab, the second one disappears. Actually, it momentarily jumps farther down the page and then disappears.

Is this an issue others have noted?

@Siropu. I installed this on XF 1.5.1 and found an issue with children of tabs.

They appear on the dropdown once they've been added.
0d605cd8f6fe2306b5673e5330e72933.png

But they don't appear on the sublinks toolbar when you're actually in that tab area.
3691b4b246d4f75f10559b9d0b70f6e3.png

@FriscoCharlie, what settings have you used?
@Gossamer, It happens on some pages and I haven't found out why yet.

This fix worked for others:
Code:
.custom-tab-id.selected .tabLinks {
    z-index: 1;
}
Add in EXTRA.css and replace id with the tab id.

Not sure if this is a bug or I don't understand the function. Please see the attached screen capture of the menu. The "Hunter" selection is set up to "Display drop down on tab hover," but all of the children are shown in the menu. Ideally, I would like the children to pop out only when hovering on Hunter. Am I broken or is the script misbehaving? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 10.33.35 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 10.33.35 AM.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 10.33.05 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 10.33.05 AM.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 5
@Siropu Thanks. Great. For me, a must have.

Is it possible to use font awesome in tabs or child tabs title? I used but it shows codes.

َAlso, I added 2 tabs, and 4 child for each of them. Both of them are in "End" and ordered. But I see Just 1 of them. (when I disable the one I see, I'll see the other one. But I can't see all of them together)

Regards

EDIT: solved! I was using "#" for link of parents, but when I changed them to "javascript:void(0)" all appeared.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to have a custom class even for sub-Tabs that have a parent? So it would be possible to add some individual css to every sub-tab.

Top Bottom