1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Tabs 1.6.3

Adding new tabs to the board navigation has never been this easy.

1. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

Siropu submitted a new resource:

Custom Tabs - Adding new tabs to the board navigation has never been this easy.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    TDUBS, 51463 and Itworx4me like this.
  2. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

Hello Siropu, thanks for share this addon.
    There are some way to show up the tab selected when you click on it?
    In this gif you can see your addon in action, when I click in the middle, it took me to the link, but the tab doesn't shows selected:
    1.gif

This should be the ideal behavior:
    1.gif
    It is possible? Thanks again!

51463 likes this.
  3. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

You are welcome.
    I think it might work is some cases so I will test it later today and see how it goes.

rafass and 51463 like this.
  4. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

5. bt012ss

bt012ss Well-Known Member

Hi @Siropu

after the update i get a lot of errors, maybe 50 in 10 Minutes
    In 1.0.0 it was all ok.

Code:
    ErrorException: Undefined index: selected - library/Siropu/CustomTabs/Listener.php:20
    Generiert durch: Master, Vor einer Minute
    Stapelverfolgung

#0 /home/www/doc/26278/www/xenmig/library/Siropu/CustomTabs/Listener.php(20): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/www/doc/2...', 20, Array)
    #1 [internal function]: Siropu_CustomTabs_Listener::template_create('xenmig_portal_n...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
    #2 /home/www/doc/26278/www/xenmig/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /home/www/doc/26278www/xenmig/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(82): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_create', Array, 'xenmig_portal_n...')
    #4 /home/www/doc/26278/www/xenmig/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php(239): XenForo_Template_Abstract->__construct('xenmig_portal_n...', Array)
    #5 /home/www/doc/26278/www/xenmig/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(263): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->createTemplateObject('xenmig_portal_n...', Array)
    #6 /home/www/doc/26278/www/xenmig/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(112): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->createTemplateObject('xenmig_portal_n...', Array)
    #7 /home/www/doc/26278/www/xenmig/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(618): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
    #8 /home/www/doc/26278/www/xenmig/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Error), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
    #9 /home/www/doc/26278/www/xenmig/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #10 {main}

Benötigter Status

array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(27) "http://xxxxx/-"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(0) {
      }
    }

PS: Thanks for this Addon :)

6. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

7. bt012ss

bt012ss Well-Known Member

It works ;)

8. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that. :)

9. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

Hello Siropu. I've updated from 1.0.0 (the first version) without errors, everything good.
    But the tab doesn't show selected clicking the tab.
    with the version 1.1.1 should work now?
    Thank You.

51463 likes this.
  10. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

If you are linking to Add-on pages, use the main route as the parent Tab Link.
    If you are linking to nodes (forums or pages), use the relative path or absolute path for Tab Link.

Your tab what link does it uses?

11. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

I'm linking to a node, this one: https://foro.io/forums/peliculas.56/
    here a screenshot:
    R 2015-03-15 at 02.29.45.jpg
    Now I have installed the version 1.1.1
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, appreciate your help.
    Thanks Siropu!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  12. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

Try forums/peliculas.56/ instead, it might have something to do with https.

13. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

14. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

rafass likes this.
  15. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

Great addon to customise your tabs, easy to use, add new tabs, change the order, etc. very useful, great developer and great support & top service and quality. well done Siropu! thank you! ✭✭✭✭✭

16. Arno Nühm

Arno Nühm Active Member

In the page source I could see that the class name after "navTab" = the link. Maybe you could change this to something like "customTab123" (whatever ID it is), so you could style it individually by css.

edit: Okay... if I put in a link like this: "/p/whatever/" it does not work. If I put in a link like this: "p/whatever/" it works. Maybe a little bug?

17. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

Tab class = link only when you use the main route without any slashes. For any other type, it uses the class "custom-tab-x" where x is the tab id.
    What does not work? The tab selection or the link? You get an error when you access the page, like "Route p/whatever/ could not be found."?

18. Arno Nühm

Arno Nühm Active Member

Sorry, my english is not good. I will try again to help you reproduce it:

- new custom tab with "Link:" = "/p/whatever/" (without slashes)
    - save it, open website, have a look at the page source
    - class name is "/p/whatever/", not "custom-tab-x"

If you remove the first slash it is fine and class is "custom-tab-x".

19. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

Arno Nühm likes this.
  20. Sparkiller

Sparkiller Member

How about using the usergroup settings for the links inside the tab? So i can hide specific links for specific groups?