Custom Fields Permissions

Custom Fields Permissions 2.7.1

No permission to download
Done. Thanks!
Hi, Are you still interested?

IMHO the most useful permission would be custom field display permission. i.e. only display the field if the author has this permission.
For a thread/XFMG custom field? User fields based on the content user's groups don't make too much sense unless it is publicly view-able, but should be doable.

I think this is mostly done now.

Yes, for thread custom fields.

Just a few examples of the top of my head:
Use a forum for classifieds or product listings. Users can post threads for the item they have for sale. Use custom fields for all the specifics and a BUY NOW button. (value display html) Only display the fields to readers as long as the thread author has an active account upgrade.

Create a custom field with value display html so that it will display 'HIGHLIGHTED THREAD' as long as the member is a paying member. Then display the field on thread listing.

Thanks for getting back to me. We are currently exploring options, in the meantime we have removed the public access to our media fields. I will let you know if we want to move forward on this. Thanks again.

Output Permissions (Content)

When Enable is set to no. The field is displayed. So far so good.

When Enable set to yes and user group Registered is selected, the field is displayed.

When enable is set to yes and other user groups are selected, the field does not display. Any idea why?

The fields are there because when edit post is selected, the fields show and their contents. Just does not display field to selected user groups in the thread.

Any idea why anyone?

@Wayne T1 "Output Permissions (Content) " is based on the permissions of the owner of the content. Not the viewer who may be able to edit it.

The custom fields used on parts of my forum contain personally identifiable information such as name and number. Only a specific user group can view the content of these fields.

The view permissions were somehow changed when xenforo and this add on were upgraded, this meant that this information was available for the whole world to see. Not good and a breach of user privacy that could potentially lead to lawsuits.

The privacy settings were not changed manually and the first I was aware of this issue was when complaints started coming in.

This is the first thing that will be checked now on all future updates.

@Wayne T1 the 2.2.x update should fix that bug.

However this add-on does not fail closed, additionally the add-on is mostly disabled when it is updated :(

Hello @Xon,
Thank you for this add-on, however this last update just hidden all the "Resource Fields" fields.....the only way to make them show up again was by disabling this add-on. Hope you can fix this!
You need to disable the (public) template modification which hides custom fields if this add-on is not fully installed, as it can't distinguish between the add-on code not running and the custom field not being extended.

You need to disable the (public) template modification which hides custom fields if this add-on is not fully installed, as it can't distinguish between the add-on code not running and the custom field not being extended.
Yes, you're right. If I disable the template modification it works. Like you've said you may need to extend this add-on to the Resources add-on. Thank you for the help & Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
@Xon if i use this add-on all custom fields from other add-ons, e.g. eCommerce by @DragonByte Tech are blocked and cannot used.
After disabling your add-on all custom fields are visible and usable. Is this an issue or am I too stupid to make the right settings?

@Xon if i use this add-on all custom fields from other add-ons, e.g. eCommerce by @DragonByte Tech are blocked and cannot used.
After disabling your add-on all custom fields are visible and usable. Is this an issue or am I too stupid to make the right settings?
Disable the template modification this add-on uses, it causes some issues if you have non-extended custom fields in use.

I do not currently have the time to resolve this due to some personal issues which have come up :(

Disable the template modification this add-on uses, it causes some issues if you have non-extended custom fields in use.

I do not currently have the time to resolve this due to some personal issues which have come up :(
Same problem with @Bob showcase addon (xf 2) version.
Just to notice you @Xon
Take your time ;)

As previously stated, disable the template modification that comes with this add-on. I haven't had time to work on a better fix

Top Bottom