Custom 404 Page by Siropu

Custom 404 Page by Siropu 1.1.7

No permission to download
My regex redirect solution:

Find: @(\w+)://([\w\-\.]+)/(\w+)/([\w\-\.]+)/(\d+)([\w\-\.]+)@
Replace: $1://$2/$3/threads/$5

There's a bug with saving custom rules.

If you save without making changes, it chops off the last row over and over again.

This has become one of our most important add-ons.

A few suggestions:
  • link IP addresses to whatismyipaddress.com
  • For whatever reason, we are not able to select more than 478 items when deleting old entries. Weird.
  • Is it possible to add a page range so that, for example, all entries on pages 1-10 can be deleted at once?
  • As suggested above, list by referrer.
As stated before, I would really like to see the add-on to be paid to support future development. :)

so this addon does detect 404 urls with * at the end. and you can setup a redirect like usual.

are you looking to do it using regex redirects?

i am not good with regex... wait for someone else who can give the regex to redirect all urls ending with * to urls without *.
I use this code below personally on some sites. It seems odd characters get added to the end of URLs occasionally by visitors, bots, link processors, etc. This code can eliminate numerous 404 errors and get the visitors & bots to where they need to be.

Code:
# Remove Trailing Asterisk / Dot / Quote / Minus / Plus From All URLs BEGIN
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.+)\*$ /$1 [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^(.+)\.$ /$1 [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^(.+)\'$ /$1 [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^(.+)[\s%20?\-]$ /$1 [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^(.+)[\s%20?\+]$ /$1 [R=301,L]
# Remove Trailing Asterisk / Dot / Quote / Minus / Plus From All URLs END

You will find in the lines that reference "-" and "+" I also have it recognize all preceding whitespace characters because this issue is commonly found in relation to these characters.

A whitespace character can be:
  • A space character
  • A tab character
  • A carriage return character
  • A new line character
  • A vertical tab character
  • A form feed character
You can probably figure out what you want/need from that code above.

If all you are looking for is to remove any trailing "*" (asterisk) you can use this:

Code:
# Remove Trailing Asterisk From All URLs BEGIN
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.+)\*$ /$1 [R=301,L]
# Remove Trailing Asterisk From All URLs END

Last edited:
So I have a question about this add on. Say there is a post that I decided to move to the staff section and I don't want members to see that thread anymore. Now, with the default XF settings, when someone would view that thread if they had saved the thread link, it shows "you do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." to non staff members. Will this add on be able to change that to where it shows(or redirects) the users that saved the link so it shows the thread doesn't exist anymore, but still allowing Staff to see that same thread in the deleted section without redirecting them?

from my experience, it only triggers when xenforo delivers 404 header message which i believe it does not on private pages. i clicked on a bunch of private pages on my board as a guest and they were not registered by this addon.

so this addon should not change the behavior on private threads. they would load for people having access to them.

from my experience, it only triggers when xenforo delivers 404 header message which i believe it does not on private pages. i clicked on a bunch of private pages on my board as a guest and they were not registered by this addon.

so this addon should not change the behavior on private threads. they would load for people having access to them.

Thanks. I'll need to figure out if there is away or add on to accomplish what I am looking for. Thanks for the info.

so you want to break links saved by your members that are now privately accessible to your members?

for threads it is easy, you can just move all posts of the thread to a new thread. old thread links would die.

post links on the other hand are hard to kill.

Top Bottom