Custom 404 Page by Siropu

Custom 404 Page by Siropu 1.1.7

No permission to download
so you want to break links saved by your members that are now privately accessible to your members?

for threads it is easy, you can just move all posts of the thread to a new thread. old thread links would die.

post links on the other hand are hard to kill.

True, but that's alot of work if I have several threads in the deleted thread section in the staff forum already. Was hoping for a easy way of doing it. :(

another option is to soft delete the threads. they would still appear and load for admins. but would be 404 for the rest.

Hi Siropu I have noted that the search box inside the list of the links not found seems to be not working.
Infact searching a piece of link that I read in the list, to see how many links about that section there are, the list is always shown empty.

For example if I searc: "www.mysite/media/" (seeig that there are more elements not found about the media section)
the list doesn't shown anything, but are listed in the list without use the search function.

try using wildcards. * works great to locate a bunch of urls connecting specific keywords for me. i do find some other navigational issues annoying though. like for instance, i cannot bookmark a link that would show me the list sorted by number of hits. or if i am on page 2 and i delete a link, i am sent back to first page after that link is deleted. this might be a xenforo thing though because the tag list also behaves similarly.

What do folks do for obvious bots trying to find files, wp-admin.php, random .js files, "xmlrpc.php?rsd" stuff like this.

Also @Siropu are there any performance hits if you add too many redirects?

I also get random visits to images such as:

2-2-8-style-updates.13949/bolt1.png when the URL is
attachments/bolt1-png.12509/

Is this from the proxy setup and maybe me copying images from a post on here possibly?

What do folks do for obvious bots trying to find files, wp-admin.php, random .js files, "xmlrpc.php?rsd" stuff like this.
You could block requests via .htaccess
are there any performance hits if you add too many redirects?
No. It does two queries for each 404. One to see if the page exists in the database and one to insert or update.

Is this from the proxy setup and maybe me copying images from a post on here possibly?
I don't know.

Also @Siropu are there any performance hits if you add too many redirects?

i get all of those too. it's just the internet being the internet and bots trying all root level paths it knows with a file name it knows.

block the bot, or just ignore it....

Create Firewall rules in CloudFlare to block users that visit such URL's. wp-admin.php ios a good example of malicious bots probing for security vulnerabilities.

We've started getting these recently. When we load the thread URL the image is linked correctly on the page and the URL appears to be normal.

The only change we've made to the settings recently is to enable ... Setup > Options > Basic options > Enable board URL canonicalization

Although we wouldn't expect that to alter the image/smiley URLs?!

Love this. Is using this for main content redirects better than putting them in the htaccess? Or no real performance or otherwise issue and then they are trackable?

I need to enter these on a test site before going live. But, I have to use the full domain name in the redirect. Can these be simply exported, edited, and imported into the new database?

Thanks. I meant is it a simple table in the database that is possible to manually export, change the domain, and import?

We changed locations from our test site to live and now the options to add new redirects is grayed out?? Yikes. Need it today, now most of all just going live on a migration. Thanks! They are "disabled".

Top Bottom