CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
The option is to set the file size.
The style property must be changed to show it at the required size.

Note the highlighted explanatory text:
upload_2015-9-2_21-36-13.webp

Ah.. ok I added it in extra.css of my ui.x theme , but the image overlaps the content area now

sample.webp

Weirdly, it produced no effect(same 96px) with default XF style (after I added to it's extra.css). Other non CTA style properties worked fine.

If you're going to use EXTRA.css then you will also need to adjust the corresponding elements to match.

This set of guides will help you identify the elements and classes: How To...

If you're going to use EXTRA.css then you will also need to adjust the corresponding elements to match.

This set of guides will help you identify the elements and classes: How To...
Sorry to drag this. Your answer indicated to me that there is a better way to do this. Were you pertaining to change the style property outside of extra.css ? I feel silly as I obviously did it right the previous time (when I had 1.4.10) and cant seem to remember...

Hey @Borgan, is there an option I'm over looking to remove the "featured threads archive" header navigation link and maybe move it to the footer or other? The secondary nav bar at the top just seems awfully long now.

Hey @Borgan, is there an option I'm over looking to remove the "featured threads archive" header navigation link and maybe move it to the footer or other? The secondary nav bar at the top just seems awfully long now.
I agree. Or at least an option to move to the left (which would make it disappear earlier on mobile browsers).

Hey @Borgan, is there an option I'm over looking to remove the "featured threads archive" header navigation link
Uncheck the SP:
upload_2015-9-4_8-18-20.webp

If you want to move it elsewhere, you would need to edit the appropriate template and add the code - see the cta_featuredthreads_navigation_links template.

I've got a quick styling question. I can't figure out why I have this color bar appearing. I have this installed on my test forum, and all my settings are the same and it doesn't appear there.

2015-09-05_0952.png

Last week I moved my forum from the root to /community, which may be causing the following problem. I've just noticed that when I try to access the featured threads, I receive the following server error. Please could someone help?

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DESC LIMIT 5' at line 18

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php at line 70
  6. CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->getFeaturedThreadsToDisplay() in CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 199
  7. CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionFeatured() in DailyStats/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 53
  8. DailyStats_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionFeatured() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/blueshare.co.uk/httpdocs/community/index.php at line 13

That error shouldn't happen just from moving the installation, if it was previously working without issue.

Try going into the options in the ACP and saving.

Is there a way to to feature some threads only in their Forum and not on Forum Home, while other threads can be featured globally?!

For example I would like to feature Threads in a Marketplace Forum, but I do not want these threads on my Forum Home!

Therr is an option for that but it's global so applies to all featured threads.

It's not possible to do it on a per forum basis.

Hi Brogan,

Is it possible to set a block to the home page (ie domain.com not domain.com/forums area)? As far as I can tell it only allows the forum views/recent lists from looking at the options. Other than using the slider I do not see it is possible? I basically have a client wanting an introduction there so it is always at the top of the featured threads.

Thanks

Yes, we have the featured threads shown up but he wants a 'sticky' one at the top such as a block that the forum list has. Afaik, it is not possible with a block on the homepage so is a slider option the only way to do this?

Top Bottom