CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
You can't set a featured thread as sticky but you can update the featured date to push it to the top.

Yeah thought so, he wants an 'introduction' on the front page that sits at the top so I'll add it via a slider without anything else inside of it.

Is there a place to add some code in of some form that will work like the slider does but text instead? does not need a box or anything.

he wants an 'introduction' on the front page that sits at the top
What format does the 'introduction' take?

If it's not a thread then you can use a notice, one of the ad templates or add something directly to the cta_featuredthreads_featured template.

Actually that can work but the introduction is somewhat longish so is there a limit set on notice characters? If not a way to add text where this red line is on the image?

Attachments

• Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 17
There is no limit for notices.

Have a look at the cta_featuredthreads_featured template to determine where to add custom content.

Do you happen to know if its possible to hide the notice on all pages but the CTA homepage as I do not want to make it dismiss-able so on the forum pages it takes up a big chunk.

Content Template or something?

The notice page criteria allows you to display it on a specific page.

You can use the tab name, the controller action, or the template name.

I used cta_featuredthreads_featured as you mentioned above, overlooked the post you made before and got it working perfectly, cheers!

I suspect you can probably do that with the Widget Framework add-on.

I know others are using the two together to pull various content onto the home page.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying it's this add-on but I use this add-on as my homepage.

My screenshot is as a guest/unregistered user. See the Recent Activity in the sub-nav. Not quite sure but I don't think I wish for guests to view the Recent Activity.

Is there a way to make it for registered members only or is it a all or none proposition?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-09-12 at 1.12.02 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2015-09-12 at 1.12.02 PM.webp
    3.6 KB · Views: 13
It's from the cta_featuredthreads_navigation_tab_links template and actually linked to the view member list permisison:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.permissions.general.viewMemberList} AND {$xenOptions.enableNewsFeed}">
    <li><a href="{xen:link recent-activity}">{xen:phrase recent_activity}</a></li>
</xen:if>

However, if you just want to remove it for guests, change the first line to:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">

Like so:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
    <li><a href="{xen:link recent-activity}">{xen:phrase recent_activity}</a></li>
</xen:if>

For some reason I no longer have the slider on my featured threads (home) page.

I have enabled the slider, I have some featured threads which are promoted to slider. is there some other setting I'm missing?

It is, but they won't be displayed.

Other than promoting the thread, uploading a slider image, setting the options and style properties and being able to view the thread, I can't think why it wouldn't show.

Maybe it's a custom style issue.

Not a style issue, it happens with default style.

It was working fine for months, then I did some troubleshooting today which involved disabling and re-enabling addons , also disabling and re-enabling the slider.

Could that cause it?

Top Bottom