CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I use this as a home page/portal with a "HOME" tab. How do I remove the secondary menu "featured threads" from the FORUM page? It's redundant and takes you to the same place home does.

In Style Properties > CTA Featured Threads Settings

Untick "Enable Forums Tab Page Link"

Now how would I move the "new posts" link to the first position, all the way to the left (or immediately after search)? On both HOME and FORUMS? TY!!!
You really don't want to do that. It's in the far right position because when using mobile devices the menu 'disappears' from left to right (items go into a dropdown menu). New Posts always remains visible due to its position. If you move it to the left it'll be the first to disappear on mobile devices.

Hello guys :D
i got some errors in XF logs

Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: message - library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:607
Generated By: Admin, Today at 12:36 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(607): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/user/...', 607, Array)
#1 /home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionFeatureThread()
#2 /home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(231) "https://www.domain.com/threads/242198/feature-thread"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/threads/242198/feature-thread"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Have you just upgraded?
If so and that error was only thrown during the upgrade then it can be ignored.

If it is still continuing, do you have any outdated templates?

Have you just upgraded?
If so and that error was only thrown during the upgrade then it can be ignored.

If it is still continuing, do you have any outdated templates?

Fixed :D
it's strange but This error is caused from another add-on (Custom Username Icons By ThemesCorp)
Developer guide me how to fix it (y)

Is there any way to make set a minimum # of hours between thread being featured on the front page? Or some sort of queue?

@Brogan
I just updated to 1.5 and now see all image icons sshowing up as 96x96 - I have it set 250x160 in options which it did show o the pages before the upgrade. I thought it could be ui.x but the same thing shows even with default XF style. I am unable to figure out what's causing this?
site is pharmacyresearcher.com

You will need to check the style properties and for outdated templates.
Theres no warning or alert about outdated templates. Could there still be any outdated template not picked by XF? Also it shows 96x96 even on default XF style.

It's possible but unlikely.

I inspected the page source and your icon css is set at 96 x 96px.
upload_2015-9-2_20-52-33.webp

So if you have set it differently to that in Style Properties, it isn't being reflected in the template.

It's possible but unlikely.

I inspected the page source and your icon css is set at 96 x 96px.
View attachment 115921

So if you have set it differently to that in Style Properties, it isn't being reflected in the template.
Yes. I see now that even if I right align the image it doesnt reflect on the page.
I may have to revert to older XF and start again. Bit of a noob here. If I delete all files in the FTP and copy over the older ftp files (with XF 1.4.10) will it revert back to 1.4.10 ?

No, you can't downgrade.

I suspect it's something simple, like outdated templates.
Are you sure you are changing the style property in the correct style(s)?

No, you can't downgrade.

I suspect it's something simple, like outdated templates.
Are you sure you are changing the style property in the correct style(s)?
I am not changing any style property. The CTA FT options has been set to 250x160. I know my way around basic css... Anything that I change in style property of either default XF or custom theme shows up without issues on default XF style and the theme respectively.

:( Cant we downgrade XF to previous state? Even if I restore previous ftp state (including all xenforo files) ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom