CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I'm not sure what you mean.

If you are referring to the avatar or icon being removed at the narrow width, that can be changed by editing the template/CSS.

When you browse the site using the mobile browser, the image Thread does not see it

See it when they browse the site using the big screen

I'm sorry ... I do not know English well

Can you post a screenshot?

I don't really understand the issue.

There is no mobile specific code other than some CSS related to hiding certain elements at the narrow width.

Do a search in the templates like so:
upload_2015-1-18_17-58-1.webp

Edit the resulting three templates and remove the hiddenResponsiveNarrow class.

Hi Brogan! Any tips on how to include a link to the featured threads archive below the featured threads on portal page? Our portal page is a news page, and it just makes sense to have a "see older news" link at the bottom.

Also, is there a way to remove only the "Featured Threads Archive" link from the home tab links?

Thanks!

Hi Brogan! Any tips on how to include a link to the featured threads archive below the featured threads on portal page?
You would have to edit the cta_featuredthreads_featured template and add the link directly.

Also, is there a way to remove only the "Featured Threads Archive" link from the home tab links?
Edit the cta_featuredthreads_navigation_tab_links template and remove this code:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.ctaFtFeaturedThreadsArchive.enabled}">
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'threads/featured-archive'}">{xen:phrase cta_ft_featured_threads_archive}</a></li>
</xen:if>

Brogan,
Just curious if you have thought about having featured thread section/category pages? Similar to that of the homepage, but for section/categories to feature threads in their own categories on their own pages.

I think it was suggested once before but so few people use XF in that configuration I didn't see much point in adding a ton of additional code, options, templates, CSS, SPs, etc.

I think it was suggested once before but so few people use XF in that configuration I didn't see much point in adding a ton of additional code, options, templates, CSS, SPs, etc.
Understandable. It's probably more than what I need myself. I was just curious since I'm still in planning stages for some projects.

You would have to edit the cta_featuredthreads_featured template and add the link directly.

Edit the cta_featuredthreads_navigation_tab_links template and remove this code:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.ctaFtFeaturedThreadsArchive.enabled}">
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'threads/featured-archive'}">{xen:phrase cta_ft_featured_threads_archive}</a></li>
</xen:if>

Thanks much Brogan - was able to tweak it perfectly.

Next question... :) There are so many style options in this add-on (love it!), but I can't seem to find one that will show the featured thread image (rather than author avatar), on the featured threads archive page... Am I missing it somewhere?

No, there is no option for that.

The archive page only pulls content from the original thread as once a thread is no longer featured, the featured thread content is deleted from the table.
So only the thread author's avatar and original content is displayed.

No, there is no option for that.

The archive page only pulls content from the original thread as once a thread is no longer featured, the featured thread content is deleted from the table.
So only the thread author's avatar and original content is displayed.

Ahh ok, that's cool. Thanks!

Top Bottom