CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Suggestion for the featured threads archive page: put the page numbers at the top of the list as well as the bottom, just as they are on thread pages.

archivepages.webp

It's not something I will be adding as default but you can do that with a simple edit of the template.

Is it possible to use the slider without background images? I just want people to be able to slide through the normal view.

Featured threads won't appear in the slider without an image being uploaded for them.
The whole point of the slider is it is image based, rather than text - hence why only a small snippet of text appears below the image.

You could edit the SPs and template to remove the image, etc.

It appears the title doesn't change on each featured threads page. aka page 2, page 3...
The page title does change when the Featured Threads page isn't used as the Home Page. When it is used as the Home Page then no, the title doesn't change. This is standard practice for many sites with home page portals like this. Here's an example

http://blogs.battlefield.com

You'll note that other XenForo portal solutions also do the same thing.

That would defeat the purpose of me no longer emailing them all due to the list being too large.
Im sure there are ways...or maybe you can ask a large development company on how they handle the problems you are having in doing this. At the end of the day its just courtesy, afterall some people have paid upto 40 GBP to you for your software.

Dear Brogan, it's me... again! :whistle:

Is it a global permission? See all or nothing, or is a node permission?

Is if a node permission, do you think is there a way to use profile or custom fields for that, too?

A solution to archive that could upgrading users based on standard/custom fields?
The downside could be to have too many usergroups (site slow down with too much permissions calc) and the delay of the upgrade (cron).

The view permission is global.

You can use a simple conditional statement utilising the user group ID and node ID if you want to block the content to certain user groups.

It would also be possible to utilise custom user fields which would allow members to disable the blocks in specific forums.

That would be something you would have to do yourself though.

It appears the title doesn't change on each featured threads page. aka page 2, page 3...
You can change that by editing the template if you wish, but I don't think it's particularly elegant if you're using it as a home page.
Essentially you just need to add {xen:helper pagenumber, $page} after the phrase, e.g. <xen:title>{xen:phrase cta_ft_featured_threads_page_title}{xen:helper pagenumber, $page}</xen:title>

It would also be possible to utilise custom user fields which would allow members to disable the blocks in specific forums.
That would be something you would have to do yourself though.
What a dumb I am! Conditional works with standard/custom fields too!! :cry:

Thank you again Brogan!

Top Bottom