CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I can't reproduce it.

It works fine for me and there have been no other reports from people using RTL.

I have not yet had a chance to fully test it but the support site is currently running XenForo 1.4 Beta 1: http://support.cliptheapex.com/

If anyone notice any issues, let me know.

Edit: You may notice errors related to custom bb codes during the upgrade process.
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: allow_empty - library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php:481
Once the upgrade has completed the errors should stop and the error log can be emptied.

Last edited:
I have tweaked the image uploading for the next version.

The overlay now looks like this:

upload_2014-8-8_1-21-44.webp

The priority is as follows:
  • If the "Delete icon" checkbox is checked, that will override any uploaded image or selected attached image
  • An uploaded image will override a selected attached image
  • A selected attached image will only be used if an image isn't uploaded and the delete checkbox isn't checked
The reasoning behind this is follows:
  • The "Delete icon" is a checkbox so it can be easily unchecked if checked by mistake
  • Uploading an image is an explicit action so if that is performed then it must be intentional
  • A radio button for an attached image can be clicked accidentally, and due to the nature of the interface, once clicked, it isn't possible to deselect it

<phrase title="cta_ft_option_home_tab_links_explain" version_id="2090010" version_string="2.9.0 Alpha"><![CDATA[If enabled, links will will be present under the [Home] tab.]]></phrase>

There are 2 'will'.

Hello again , I thought I was almost done with importing but have hit a snag with the final move to rename files and go live with the new installation.

Site was running VB 3.8.4, and VBSeo. VB Advanced for home page.

VB Installation @ www.site.net/forums

New Xenforo completed import installation running beautifully @ www.site.net/forum

When I rename the VB forum to www.site.net/ forumOLD

and then the Xenforo forum to www.site.net/forums ( into the same location as VB use to be)

I intend to use the CTA Featured threads as a home page, and have set that according to your instructions.

Wondering what I am doing wrong, all I see on my forum page is this on a completely white screen.

http://www.site.net/forum/index.php?forums/ ipaddresshere /forum/index.php

My home page is completely blank.

Kind regards and thanks for helping :)

If I have the featured thread as the "home" tab, using the slider and a list of featured threads - will I be able to have multiple pages with featured threads? For example 5 featured threads on each page, and then paginiation.

Sorry if its hard to understand what I mean, English is not my first language. Thanks.

Top Bottom