CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
cool (y)

would that be fine in "responsive" as well ?

Now if you tell me that it can show the "Prefixes" in default XF-Style, I am your next customer :)

Not sure what happened here, this is my first FT since the upgrade to the newest FT version and I have this image that I don't care for here it's in thread area, it obviously looks strange, any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 10.22.14 PM.webp

Thanks for the add-on @Brogan :), we picked it up awhile back and glad to see it developed into what it is today.

We modified the front output a bit to use Masonry, still a ways to go on styling but it's coming a long :).

View attachment 77797

Quick question is there a conditional I can use to see which node the featured thread is coming from? Sorry if it's been answered.

Something like...
<xen:if is=@ctathreadnode=1">ect...</xen:if>

Hope that makes sense.

I'm trying to add a different mini icon depending on which node the thread gets promoted from.
Hi @Russ,
Any chance of a detailed tutorial on how to achieve this look via masonry?

Thanks for the add-on @Brogan :), we picked it up awhile back and glad to see it developed into what it is today.

We modified the front output a bit to use Masonry, still a ways to go on styling but it's coming a long :).

View attachment 77797

Quick question is there a conditional I can use to see which node the featured thread is coming from? Sorry if it's been answered.

Something like...
<xen:if is=@ctathreadnode=1">ect...</xen:if>

Hope that makes sense.

I'm trying to add a different mini icon depending on which node the thread gets promoted from.

this is looking great (y)

did you really use Masonry or just CSS ?

I am wondering if Isotope could be used as well, as Isotope is much faster / better performing than Masonry ?

:)

this is looking great (y)

did you really use Masonry or just CSS ?

I am wondering if Isotope could be used as well, as Isotope is much faster / better performing than Masonry ?

It was very little css on my part, like a few lines at most. Masonry took care of the rest.

@Brogan on my homepage when i post a feature thread the text is set to the lest, is it possible to have it in the center.

Attachments

• light skin.webp
    light skin.webp
    103.2 KB · Views: 13
It was very little css on my part, like a few lines at most. Masonry took care of the rest.

would it be possible for you to make it into a package/Addon with using the "XF-default style" + Masonry ?

Or some kind of tutorial of how to achieve this / how to insert the Masonry-files in order to make it work.....

Many thanks!

Last edited:
You will need to change the SPs to float the blocks left, give them a % width, add some margin, clear them, etc.

There isn't a checkbox to tick which will do it all for you.

To make it easier to ask questions, share tips, create guides, etc., I am in the process of setting up a dedicated support site.

I hope to have it live later this evening.
Excellent! I did wonder if something like this would be useful, so glad you are doing it.

@HenrikHansen I'll post some guidance on the new site once it is up and running. :)

Top Bottom