CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Looks great.

It's very gratifying to see that people are starting to use all of the available features, making their sites very unique.

Some of the features were a total pain to implement, so seeing them in use makes it all worthwhile.

(Almost :D)

Awesome response as ever (y)

Had a little assistance from @Sheldon while I've been tweaking today!

View attachment 79416
Ooh, I like that! I've been adding a partially opaque white layer to my images before saving them to give a faded look so the text on top can be read. Doing it your way means you don't have to alter the images apart from resizing. Have you just changed the relevant background SPs with a partial transparency to achieve the effect with the title, text and footer?

Ooh, I like that! I've been adding a partially opaque white layer to my images before saving them to give a faded look so the text on top can be read. Doing it your way means you don't have to alter the images apart from resizing. Have you just changed the relevant background SPs with a partial transparency to achieve the effect with the title, text and footer?
Everything that has been done is through extra.css and a couple of template edits to add the font awesome quotes. I was initially going to do opaque images, but Sheldon came up with these suggestions.

https://xenadmins.com/threads/featured-thread-backgrounds.893/

Looks great.

It's very gratifying to see that people are starting to use all of the available features, making their sites very unique.

It's hard to plough through all of the options that are available, because there are so many. I hadn't really aimed to do this today, just started thinking earlier and have now spent about 3 hours playing.

Doing it your way means you don't have to alter the images apart from resizing.
Unless the images you are using are drastically different in terms of ratio, you shouldn't need to resize or crop as the code handles that automatically.

A question: is there a way to feature not only a thread, but a specific post inside a thread?

I have a forum where your addon would come very handy, but the forum has several very long threads like "My favorite picture" or story-telling threads and it would be nice if I can feature a single post (e.g. a post with a very beautiful picture or a new turn in the story).

If the feature isnt already built in, would you be interested in programming it?

Only threads can be featured.

The suggestion has already been made to feature posts, but it would require a lot of work as the code and templates are based on threads, not individual posts.

I'm trying to sort the styling on my site based on what @Gazhyde has done. I'm using the SPs to do this. I'm currently doing this on my test site before transferring to my live site. I've managed the home page just fine which is currently looking like this (I may tweak a few things further):

upload_2014-8-2_18-23-6.webp

I am however having a small problem with the blocks on the forums page:

upload_2014-8-2_18-21-52.webp
The issue you can see is at the top right where the FT controls are. The issue seems to be relating to using overflow CSS.

On the home page I don't have this problem - I removed the overflow CSS from the title and there isn't any for the text.

On the forums page, there is overflow in both the title and the text. The text of course requires it or it would overflow right down the container. I don't want to remove it from the title as when I do, the title container extends to the left (underneath the avatar I think) and at narrow widths titles can go onto two lines and I end up with the last line of text in the text section being clipped (but only if the title goes onto a second line).

Of course this issue doesn't occur if you don't see the FT controls.

I've tried various things but I still can't get it to look the way I want. Any suggestions?

Is this on your test site?
If so, can you provide a log in with update permissions so I can see what's going on.

It may be as simple as making the popup background transparent.

see picture below is there a way of putting a gap between the blue ribbon and the media image

Attachments

• pic.webp
    pic.webp
    51.3 KB · Views: 13
thanks brogan, my next question is how to move the username under neath the profile picture

Attachments

• pic.webp
    pic.webp
    70.8 KB · Views: 10
That would require a template edit - the cta_featuredthreads_featured_list_item template.

How do i keep this at a fixed size on larger screens. I am using the default Xenforo default template but on big screens it just blows up and doesn't look right. Thanks

Top Bottom