CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Finally able to install this, and it is an excellent addition. I always hated the "blank" area above the forum, it seemed as though something could be done there. Enter FEATURED THREADS. Perfect addition to just about any site, there really isn't any reason that it wouldn't work actually. Everyone has content that they want displayed, or at least it's somewhat important, and this fits the bill.

Messed around with the styling, kept it pretty simple to begin with... Everything has a class, making it that much easier to work with. For this being someone's first add-on developed, all I can say is kudos. It was very well thought out and the implementation is perfect. At this time, I cannot think of anything that I personally would need or want to be added to this in any way.

Screenshot_1.webp

Screenshot_2.webp

I only removed the "Featured Threads" bit under the avatar, I think it as well as the ribbon is slight overkill. I have the #hashtag mod added as well, so I styled those links to match the main color, as well as the "Read More..." bit. The title I lightened a bit, Brogan's original gradient was fine with me I just adjusted the color of it a bit. Overall, I think it work's perfectly for my needs.

Thanks for the work and effort Brogan.

Thanks for the feedback @Sheldon.
Much appreciated and glad you like the add-on.

P.S. I knew you would be able to transform it style-wise into something else. Nice job.

Finally able to install this, and it is an excellent addition. I always hated the "blank" area above the forum, it seemed as though something could be done there. Enter FEATURED THREADS. Perfect addition to just about any site, there really isn't any reason that it wouldn't work actually. Everyone has content that they want displayed, or at least it's somewhat important, and this fits the bill.

Messed around with the styling, kept it pretty simple to begin with... Everything has a class, making it that much easier to work with. For this being someone's first add-on developed, all I can say is kudos. It was very well thought out and the implementation is perfect. At this time, I cannot think of anything that I personally would need or want to be added to this in any way.

View attachment 63443

View attachment 63444

I only removed the "Featured Threads" bit under the avatar, I think it as well as the ribbon is slight overkill. I have the #hashtag mod added as well, so I styled those links to match the main color, as well as the "Read More..." bit. The title I lightened a bit, Brogan's original gradient was fine with me I just adjusted the color of it a bit. Overall, I think it work's perfectly for my needs.

Nice work. Liking the shape of the ribbon and colours used in that version.

Wow, that looks fantastic Sheldon! (y)

View attachment 63443

View attachment 63444

Hi Brogan.
I think this addon looks lovely and I can see it being valuable on AVForums both from the ability to feature editorial related threads and also to sell featured threads to advertisers.
However, the overhead of 3 additional queries for both the forum list and the form view is a bitter pill to swallow.

I have a question. Rather than have a separate set of functions to create a set of featured threads, did you consider extending the functionality of sticky threads to stick and feature? Might that reduce the number of extra queries?

Thanks, I spent a lot of time on the UI and attention to detail.

Looking at reducing the query count is on the list for 1.4.
Having said that, additional queries aren't always a bad thing and are sometimes necessary.

The functionality of featured threads is not really related to sticky threads so there's no way of extending the functionality of them for this add-on.
There are many new custom functions and models which are required for featuring, editing and unfeaturing.

Yes, that is the whole idea behind it.

You just change the index route to threads/featured

Top Bottom