CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Is it possible to do a query to get the attachment ID that was used to generate the icon for the featured thread? I'm looking at pulling some data out of the cta_ft_featured_threads table but what I'm most after is just the attachment ID that was used to generate the FT icon. I know the thread_id is easily available, and is used to name the icon, but I'm not seeing if there is a way of backtracking to the just the attachment ID.

No, that's not possible as the original content to produce the icon isn't stored or referenced anywhere, other than within the threads themselves, but you would have to manually locate them.

No, that's not possible as the original content to produce the icon isn't stored or referenced anywhere, other than within the threads themselves, but you would have to manually locate them.
Thanks for confirming. I was hoping that the attachment ID was being referenced somewhere so I could grab it programmatically but it sounds like I need to go with Plan B instead, of grabbing the first image attachment ID from the first post of the thread_id and then do a manual visual review to see if they match up to what was actually used or not when the thread was initially featured. No problem, just a little speed bump. :D

[ FYI @Amin Sabet (and anybody else looking at similar projects), depending on your ideas/plans for migration away from FT. You'll need to either retain the current FT 'icon' image associated to the FT's thread_id or grab an attachment ID from the post to generate a new icon or think of another method. For what I'm doing I'm going with the 'grab an attachment ID' method. @Brent W, for the project you're working on, did you guys run into this on yet? ]

Can't you use the existing icons?

Or are you changing the dimensions or other specifics?
For my particular use case I'm switching from using cropped images to using ratio intact images so that I can present the thumbs in a justified format (not sure if there is a different name than 'justified' but it seems to be the most common) instead of a grid format. The front page of Cameraderie, for example, is FT on XF 1.5.x along with the template mods by @Dadparvar to use FT as a 'featured images' type application instead of presenting post text. The add-on I've been working for XF 2.1.x for "featured attachments" is nearly done and one of the last items I had to do was going to be a SQL query to do a one-time read of the FT entries to grab the attachment_id values used for the current icons so I could then generate new thumbs/icons but realized that I hit a proverbial speed bump. Whoops. :LOL:

In my case I ending up doing a very specific use-case functionality bespoke addon while I know some other folks are trying to come close to the existing FT functionality so for them it might be easier to retain the existing images.

sorry, but where is the ADD ON located now? I bought the version for 1,51 but upgrading to 2.1.1 within the next days and would like to have this add on for the new version.

A link would be much appreciated.

sorry, but where is the ADD ON located now? I bought the version for 1,51 but upgrading to 2.1.1 within the next days and would like to have this add on for the new version.

A link would be much appreciated.

This has not been updated to work with XF2.

I actually went with this one. Developer has been very responsive for a free add on, but it is very focused on just sliders

Trying to add a conditional for CTA that checks reply count: $thread['reply_count'] == 0

Is this possible? Or maybe one that checks a less than comparison?

Oops!

I forgot to mention that there is a coupon code for existing customers, which is good for 50% off the listed price.

I will be emailing all existing customers the code soon.
If you would prefer to receive it now, send me a message.

Top Bottom