CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Are widget positions and home page active features in XF2 already?? Or is it simply that the functionality is there if required, but it hasn't been brought to the fore as yet?

Pages have been around since XF1.x

Widgets are available now and when combined with Pages, make already quite a usable system.

I got a pre-sale question,

I'm interested in purchasing this addon but I'm wondering the following:

Lets say you have a thread tagged with [Gaming] for example, I then would like to create a Page (node) and on that page fetch all the featured threads with the tag [Gaming] to that page, so each tag goes on a different page node, so every tag has it's own page with it's own dedicated featured threads.

Is this possible? How hard would it be?

Do the slider background images have to be JPG? I am uploading a small PNG file and it appears as though the addon converts to JPG and the resulting file size is over twice as big.

edit: or it appears perhaps it is still a PNG file with a jpg extension? Still the file size is over double what I upload.

I suppose that is some nod to XF2, which has better optimization? Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with this in 1.5x? I took a JPG from the data folder, and put it through tinyjpg and the result looked exactly the same. I then manually replaced the file in the data folder. File size went from 464KB to 63KB. Imagine we have 7 slider images on the homepage. That's a lot of images that are not even close to being optimized. Any advice? Add-on for attachment optimization? While I imagine all the attachments are far from optimized, it is really the slider I am most concerned with as I think Google doesn't like our pagespeed. Other attachments are only shown to members.

I don't really have any suggestions - the XF1 code manipulates the images, which results in larger files.

I wouldn't think a ~500KB image would really make much difference with the kind of internet connections people have these days.

Download and Buy Now Button for CTA Featured Threads & Portal

I needed to add download button and buy now button in slider of the homepage
i have the code, where do i added it in template of slider which can be displayed at the button right

here is the code:
<label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{$value}" class="inner"> Download Now </a></label>

Nope.

I've been using featured thread for dozens and dozens of weeks, so I need all of these featured threads to be imported into XF2.

I also like featured thread very much and do not want to switch. That being said if it's not going to happen sooner than later then I will be forced to find another option. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Look, I'm not going to twist your arm about it, I was just making a suggestion since people have been begging for this addon to be translated to xf2 for like a year, and the author hasn't shown an Eta or the interest in doing so.

So next time don't be so rude when someone is trying to help you out.

I have already posted several times and said that real life is taking up most of my time.
I have a day job, a daughter (and wife) and a new house to sort out, which leaves very little (i.e. none) time for anything else.

However, to clarify, these are just some of the projects I have been working on since we moved to the new house.

Built in drop zone
dropzone-1.webpdropzone-2.webp

Tiling
tiling-1.webptiling-2.webptiling-3.webptiling-4.webp

Garage steps
garage-steps-1.webp garage-steps-2.webp

Trash can area
trash-cans-1.webptrash-cans-2.webp

Raised beds
raised-beds-1.webpraised-beds-2.webp

Deck
deck-1.webpdeck-2.webp

Patio
patio-1.webppatio-2.webp

Plus numerous other projects and jobs (vanity, lighting, electrical, plumbing, etc.)

Hopefully that explains why this add-on has not been developed for XF2.

I fully understand. I have a family, house and a full-time job, too.

But I (and others) still would be happy if the add-on gets a XF2-version. That's just demand, not criticism or accusation.

Greetings, E.

Top Bottom