CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Well, i have been using Jaxel's XenPorta 2 ... like it a lot... but i also like the functionality "CTA Featured Threads & Portal" offers:

• Does anybody have any idea about any conflict between the two scripts running on the same forum?
  • Can the featured threads show up randomly on each page load?
Besides @Brogan's support forum, i would like to see this script working on a medium/big live forum... any links would be highly appreciated!

Thank you.

Last edited:
Not randomly, no.
Up to 20 can be displayed but it is based on the slider sort order or the featured date.

The default layout is stacked but editing the Style Properties or CSS would allow them to be displayed on the same row.

Sorry Brogan,
Been a little busy. I would prefer the browser tab title. I also have been trying to find a way to incorporate articles with the forums. Is there a way to do this so it looks good. I know there's other addons, but I'm trying not to go addon crazy. Less a lot of times is better.

Thank you
Randy

The browser tab title can be changed by editing the cta_featuredthreads_featured and cta_featuredthreads_archive templates, or the phrases used for the titles.

The xen:title tag sets the browser tab title.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'incorporate articles'.

Hi Brogan,
My forum is mostly made up of questions and answers. I'm sort of looking for a way to insert articles within certain forums so you have that visible separation. Not sure if I'm explaining it right. I did look at the XenPorta 2 Plugin. Would this conflict with the CTA Featured Threads & Portal?

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

Randy

I don't use that add-on but I expect you would be able to install both without an issue.

There won't be any interaction between the two however.

Just for upgrades/new versions.

You can continue to use the latest version you have for ever.

Very happy with this plug-in overall. I do wish there was a log entry created in the "Moderator Log" when a mod decides to unfeature or any similar mod actions to featured threads. Right now it's a mystery when someone does that.

Very happy with this plug-in overall. I do wish there was a log entry created in the "Moderator Log" when a mod decides to unfeature or any similar mod actions to featured threads. Right now it's a mystery when someone does that.
The issue with that is that moderators aren't the only ones who can feature and unfeature threads - on my site all well established members can do this for their own threads. As such, this isn't a moderator only capability.

The issue with that is that moderators aren't the only ones who can feature and unfeature threads - on my site all well established members can do this for their own threads. As such, this isn't a moderator only capability.
That's right, I didn't realize that. However, even it was just a CTA Featured Threads log that would be very useful too. Right now it's just a mystery when things disappear.

On the portal home, is there a way to list all or some of the forum sections? Perhaps in a block on the right? I'm talking just a brief list without descriptions/etc, something that could be done with html.

If it's just a static list, you could just create the relevant HTML and add it to one of the sidebar ad templates.

before just buying and install we would like to be sure if we only use this addon and XF 1.5.6, shall we install directly to WWW folder or create a folder/folders for them?

Top Bottom