CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Feature Request: as I understand, a random featured thread appears atop of recent threads etc. For my use I would like to have the most recent one. So the best thing would be to let the admin choose in the settings if he wants a random one or the most recent one.

I have added that to the suggestions list.

To clarify though, that doesn't mean it definitely will (or won't) be added, just that the suggestion has been noted.

Reactions: gfc
Question on the latest update: Is this new text wrapping feature and featured block expansion an option? I like things the way they are and don't want to have to use lots of text in the featured thread. I do like the option to replace the icon, though.

It's just Style Properties.
Make a note of the settings now and change them back to that after upgrading.

There are only 3 changes to achieve the wrapping: min height, no fixed, height, no overflow.

If you get stuck, let me know.
I can tell you what you need to change.

I upgraded and got a bit stuck, as follows: on the page, there's a lot more of the featured thread text displayed than before. How do I get it back to the way it was? I really upgraded only so that we could replace the featured thread icon for those who did not have avatars. Otherwise, I liked everything as it was.

Give me a few minutes and I'll upload some screenshots.

Ah, another thing: I see that when you upload an icon, it's much bigger than the avatar icon size. I don't want that. I just want to be able to replace a "question mark" avatar with an image, and I want that image to be resized to be the size of the other avatars. Thanks!

You will need to change all of the icon options and style properties to match avatars then.

Just edit them to suit.

Also after updating, I see these two errors in server error logs:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured::canUpdateFeaturedThread() - library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:25
Generated By: Unknown Account, 27 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(73) "http://poetrycircle.com/forum/threads/range-rover-collection-point.32405/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

XenForo_Exception: Invalid model 'CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured' specified - library/XenForo/Model.php:192
Generated By: Unknown Account, 28 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/poetryci/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Controller.php(101): XenForo_Model::create('CTA_FeaturedThr...')
#1 /home/poetryci/public_html/forum/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(225): XenForo_Controller->getModelFromCache('CTA_FeaturedThr...')
#2 /home/poetryci/public_html/forum/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(80): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Forum->_getFeaturedModel()
#3 /home/poetryci/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#4 /home/poetryci/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/poetryci/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(57) "http://poetrycircle.com/forum/forums/submit-your-prose.4/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

They probably occurred while you were uploading the files.

It's always a good idea to disable an add-on when upgrading it.

Have a look at Style Properties: CTA Featured Threads Blocks.

If you want the page to look the same as the blocks, copy all of the settings from there.

Back
Top Bottom