CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Yes, it's a single block on the forum list and another single block on the forum view, exactly as it appears in that screenshot.

Only threads from that forum will appear in the forum view block.

Is there some way to do a search for all of the threads currently featured? I'd like to give users an easy link, based on a search query, that provides a listing of all work currently in the features rotation. Thanks.

Once the limit has been reached, the next thread to be featured will result in the oldest featured thread being automatically unfeatured.

Just so I'm clear about something. I've set the limit to 0, meaning there's no limit to the number of featured threads in a given period. However, each featured thread is set for 1 week duration. So at the end of that week duration, the thread will automatically be unfeatured, right?

Correct.

The limit relates to the number of threads which can be featured at any one time.
Once the expiry date is reached for each individual thread it will be automatically unfeatured.

Changing the option value will also automatically unfeature the oldest threads over the new limit.
So if you currently have it set to 0 and have 50 threads featured, if you change it to 20, the 30 oldest threads will be unfeatured.

Not sure whether this is a sound enough suggestion or direction you would personally want to take with it.

I am now finding that I am editing featured blocks and having to go into the thread_view page (which I don't mind at all) for that particular featured thread. I think if we had some edit function on the forum_list? Last thing I would personally like to see is an "edit" text. so I thought perhaps do this like the memberard when you hover over the avatar? And whatever block it happens to be on the edit function will pull up an overlay (like in thread_view) where you are able to edit the block.

With the next update and if this is at all accommodated perhaps for forum_view blocks also.

Untitled-1.webp

Last edited:
Just noticed that when this plugin is active, guests no longer see the guest notice that I configured. Not a big deal, but I do wonder whether it's possible to have notices running along with this.

Just noticed that when this plugin is active, guests no longer see the guest notice that I configured. Not a big deal, but I do wonder whether it's possible to have notices running along with this.
It's possible as it works fine for me.

w7mnua.png

Is that a regular XenForo notice or from an add-on?

I have tested with regular built in notices and they seem to work fine.

Top Bottom