CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
No, just upgrade like any other add-on.

Upload the files and overwrite the existing ones on the server.
Click on the add-on name in the ACP and browse to the .xml file.
Then click Upgrade Add-on.

Haven't had the chance to install yet but thanks for the update will give it whirl later tonight. :)

Let me know if the span still works for you - it should as it's in the same place but there have been a few changes to the template code and CSS.

Any plans to add that? It would be very useful to many sites that have categories with lots of sub forums relating to the same general topic as the category.

I'll add it to the list of things to consider but I can't make any promises.

Just to be clear, you're talking about parent and child forums, not categories?

Both I guess. Sometimes the parent is a category with many sub forums. For instance on a gaming site that has a lot of fans of a particular game and has a lot of different discussion forums under a category for that game. I guess to be more specific I am not talking about a main category that separates forum on the node list. But a sub category.

For Example: http://joystickrequired.com/Game-Forums/StarCitizen/

Right, so any forums which are children of a parent node, whether it is a category or forum.

It has been added to the list for due consideration :)

Another thing you might want to add to the list is the admin choice of turning off or on each feature. Such as

Show featured threads on forum home yes no
Show featured threads in forums yes no

I had some of my testers for our new style development that didn't want it on the front page but liked the forum idea. They felt they didn't want threads from parts of the site they don't visit nor are interested in thrust in their face. I can see their point. So maybe an on/off option would be good.

The main function of the add-on is to show featured threads on the forum list, so I didn't add an option for that.

There is already an option to show it on the forum view.

Let me know if the span still works for you - it should as it's in the same place but there have been a few changes to the template code and CSS.

Just upgraded. Span is in place and just finishing up fixing the css for the 4 styles. Excellent work.

Top Bottom