Which featured thread addon do you use?

I ask as there are quite a few to choose from
to name but two ....

who's got one that they can recommend

thanks all

It's a native feature in next major update that should be out in a few months. Maybe hold on till then?

thanks Chromaniac, looking to get it installed sooner rather than later
hopefully by then i can import the existing content

be interested to know what everyone is using

It kind of depends what you want from "Featured."

If you click on the Resources link above, you'll see Featured Resources at the top of the section. These won't appear on a home page feed. The first resource you linked seems to emulate this.

If you want a home page with a stream of cool content that has been promoted to "Featured", then it's currently not so cut and dried. Currently, you can only feature/promote discussions to an article-style page. XF2.2 has article forums that you can use a page route to become "Home". Otherwise, the add-ons you find basically feature threads to a single page route, too. I use Xenporta 2 on one of my forums and it does most of what I need. In the future I am keen to get @Bob 's Article Management System (AMS), which is a much more professional article writing system that can also feature threads, but I'm holding out to see if XF2.3 allows AMS to feature other content types such as Showcases and Resources etc, not just the discussions, too.

Top Bottom