CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Only if you're silly enough to use the core language, and not create a sub language for your style(s).

You are missing what I am saying apparently.

With one style, you can edit the blocks in a myriad of ways using that part of the template. Move it around, add a different image, style it differently etc PER BLOCK, per PAGE, per NODE. If you edit the phrase itself, you are stuck with it.

I'll stay silly though. My point holds true, better control if editing the template directly.

With one style, you can edit the blocks in a myriad of ways using that part of the template. Move it around, add a different image, style it differently etc PER BLOCK, per PAGE, per NODE. If you edit the phrase itself, you are stuck with it.
The requester only wanted to add it immediately prior to the phrase.

And the requester asked for the template, not the phrase.
I guess that's the benefit of alternative options and discussion forums providing different viewpoints and alternatives. But you continue the pissing contest and argue because the options or alternatives don't meet your idea of how it should be done. There you go, last word is yours.....

Is there a newsy way to "un-feature" a thread without finding it in the particular forum it is in? Just a suggestion, should have the option to un-feature the thread on the featured threads page if there isn't an easier way I am unaware of.

I looked at that a long time ago but there's no elegant way of doing it.
Trying to find somewhere to put the links (Unfeature & Update) which won't affect the title, badge, stat's, etc. is problematic.

Gotcha! Perhaps in the ACP.
As featuring threads is completely managed from the front end, it would make no sense to add management to the ACP.

It would be nice to be able to manage from the FT page but as Brogan says, I can't see a way of adding this neatly so I'm happy for the few edits I make to do this via the thread or forum.

I looked at that a long time ago but there's no elegant way of doing it.
Trying to find somewhere to put the links (Unfeature & Update) which won't affect the title, badge, stat's, etc. is problematic.

As featuring threads is completely managed from the front end, it would make no sense to add management to the ACP.

It would be nice to be able to manage from the FT page but as Brogan says, I can't see a way of adding this neatly so I'm happy for the few edits I make to do this via the thread or forum.

Yeah- too bad.

Would not having the ability to update/change an icon for an existing featured thread cause any issues?

There is a fundamental problem related to the code which is actually holding up development (and I can't think of an actual solution), so I am considering just making the ability to add an icon only available when featuring and not when updating.

Would not having the ability to update/change an icon for an existing featured thread cause any issues?

There is a fundamental problem related to the code which is actually holding up development (and I can't think of an actual solution), so I am considering just making the ability to add an icon only available when featuring and not when updating.
Wouldn't bother me if it was only for new Features.

Of course the workaround would be to unfeature and then feature again, which isn't ideal.
Unless I can resolve the code issue though (which is unlikely), it looks like that will have to do.

Of course the workaround would be to unfeature and then feature again, which isn't ideal.
Unless I can resolve the code issue though (which is unlikely), it looks like that will have to do.
I think if unfeature can delete that icon, and you can refeature it, that would be a good work around for people in situations that may need that.

With icons...we can actually pass though an image right? i mean it doesnt have to be an icon..can be any image. Correct?

Back
Top Bottom