CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Of course the workaround would be to unfeature and then feature again, which isn't ideal.
Unless I can resolve the code issue though (which is unlikely), it looks like that will have to do.

I would expect whomever wanted this facility would be happy with that - better than not at all!! And, let's face it, this has gone above and beyond the initial concept and is excellent value for money even without the option to add a featured thread image/icon. (y)

I think if unfeature can delete that icon, and you can refeature it, that would be a good work around for people in situations that may need that.
Unfeaturing will delete the current icon, yes.

With icons...we can actually pass though an image right? i mean it doesnt have to be an icon..can be any image. Correct?
It can be any image file.
Exactly how it works for the Resource Manager now.

Getting there...

It will work more or less the same as the Resource Manager.

When featuring a thread, check the [Upload icon] checkbox.

upload_2014-4-11_15-50-23.webp

After featuring (saving), the overlay to upload the icon pops up.

upload_2014-4-11_15-49-39.webp

If the upload fails, you forget to check the checkbox or even wish to upload an icon later (only for a thread which doesn't have one), you could manually load the template, which will appear like this:

upload_2014-4-11_15-52-19.webp

Just to clarify - in the screenshots above it says an icon should be 96x96 pixels. If I try to upload one that is bigger than this, will it be automatically resized to fit just as avatars bigger than the specified size are?

Thanks for the explanation. I saw the option earlier to choose your own icon size, which is great. I was just checking that auto-resizing occurred so that users don't have to size icons themselves. As this does, it will be a superb addition to this add-on. (y)

It's actually quite amazing to see how far you have brought Featured Threads on since its inception, you've done a fantastic job and you should be proud of your achievements. I'm amazed at what it can do. :)

Any chance of adding the ability to choose the winning lottery ticket numbers with the next version? ;)

Now that there is the ability to replace the avatar with an icon and the icon width and height can be set in the ACP, I have decided to continue the theme of total flexibility and add some new Style Properties.

So having a mixture of featured threads with avatars and icons won't be a problem and you will be able to do stuff like this:

icon.webp

The top one is an icon, the rest are avatars.

Excellent - just needs the border, whitespace and rounded corners to match the avatar styling and it'll look amazing! :whistle:

<opens door and runs out .... fast!!!> :LOL:

Great work! (y)

So, about the only thing left for those who want this for a portal page is the ability to set it so the FT page can be set to show on the Home tab as the index page route. ;)

Hit a bit of a snag...

upload_2014-4-12_15-26-25.webp

Looks like I'm going to have to split the SPs into four groups, due to the menu height limit.

With this addon, can i have multiple featured threads based on node?

Example, in home 3 featured threads, in X forum another 2 featured threads etc.

To follow up on my previous post, this is now going to be the default layout for the page:

upload_2014-4-16_11-54-20.webp

There will be no more equally fixed height blocks.
Instead, they will automatically expand to fit the available content and the text will wrap around the avatar or icon.

The options for icons and avatars are:
  • All off
I have reduced the per page value to 5, due to the increased size of each one.

The individual blocks on the forum view, etc. will remain as is.
If a thread has an icon uploaded, then it will be scaled to match the avatar size, to avoid content shifting up and down when the page is refreshed.

So for example, the thread below has had an icon uploaded, but it displays exactly the same as if it was an avatar.
This is of course controlled via Style Properties, so if you want to have large icons there too, you can.

upload_2014-4-16_11-57-56.webp

I will also be recommending that everyone reverts certain style properties, if they have been customised, once 2.2 is released.

Back
Top Bottom