CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Brogan updated CTA Featured Threads with a new update entry:

Guide: Adding [Expired] badges

This guide will explain how to add [Expired] badges to the thread list items and thread view, for threads which have been featured previously but are no longer currently featured.

It applies to version 2.0.0 and later.

The end result is as follows:
View attachment 68124 View attachment 68125

To show the badges on the thread list items, edit this template: cta_featuredthreads_thread_list_item
Add the code in orange.
Rich (BB code):
<xen:if...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please don't attempt to apply the above template edits until you have upgraded to version 2.0.0, which will hopefully be released later this week.

Brogan updated CTA Featured Threads with a new update entry:

Guide: How to change the expiry text

This guide will explain how to change the text, which is optionally displayed in the block footer, from Expires: <date> to Featured Until: <date>.

It applies to version 2.0.0 and later.

Implementing this edit will change it from this:
View attachment 68133

To this:
View attachment 68134

To change it on the individual blocks, edit this template: cta_featuredthreads_list_item
Find:
Code:
<xen:if is="@ctaFtEnableExpiry AND...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Once again, please don't attempt to implement the above edits until you have installed 2.0.0.

I will email the new version to all active license holders later this evening (first I need to make dinner).

In the meantime, please do read the update as it's very important that you understand the steps required to upgrade.

I will email the new version to all active license holders later this evening (first I need to make dinner).

In the meantime, please do read the update as it's very important that you understand the steps required to upgrade.
Going to leave updating mine until tomorrow night anyway

The update has been emailed to all active license holders.
If you haven't received it, check your spam folder.
If you need it resending, let me know via conversation.

Just updated CycleChat to 2.0.0 and step 5. The individual user featured thread counts will need to be rebuilt. Go to Tools -> Rebuild Caches and click on Rebuild CTA Featured Threads. - didn't actually appear in the rebuild list until I'd re-enabled the add-on. (y)

[Note: The process is a bit slow - even @ 100 users per cycle].

[Update: Slow on CycleChat - 30,000+ members - but quick enough on the smaller forums with a few hundred members.]

Last edited:
Just done my other site Paul, and got the following error when rebuilding the cache

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'cta_ft_featured_count' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php at line 293
CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->rebuildUserFeaturedThreadCount() in CTA/FeaturedThreads/Deferred/UserFeaturedThreadCount.php at line 23
CTA_FeaturedThreads_Deferred_UserFeaturedThreadCount->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 256
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 390
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 335
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/admin.php at line 13

Code:
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'cta_ft_featured_count' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Matt, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('UPDATE `xf_user...')
#1 /home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'UPDATE `xf_user...')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('UPDATE `xf_user...')
#3 /home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(632): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('UPDATE `xf_user...', Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(293): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update('xf_user', Array, 'user_id = 1')
#5 /home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Deferred/UserFeaturedThreadCount.php(23): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->rebuildUserFeaturedThreadCount(Array)
#6 /home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Deferred_UserFeaturedThreadCount->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999978542328, '')
#7 /home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999978542328, '', false)
#8 /home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#9 /home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php(159): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, NULL, '', false)
#10 /home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred()
#11 /home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 /home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}

I don't see how that could happen.
The installer adds that column if the version is less than 2000010.

Unless the query failed for some reason.

I'll contact you via conversation.

Back
Top Bottom