CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
But shouldn't I still have the option to feature/unfeature from the thread listing rather than having to navigate to the thread?
The template edit is to show the [Expired] badge.

The controls in the thread list items will be available in 1.6.

As I posted earlier, I am running early 1.6 Alpha code on my site.

When you feature a thread you van choose for the time of featuring, always is a little bit long...(y)

It should be set to 2 weeks by default in 1.5.3.

I changed that in 1.5.1 from indefinite to 2 weeks.

I'm dropping the option related to incrementing the count when featuring your own threads.

It massively complicates things, requires an additional field on the xf_thread table, more code to deal with user merges, etc.

It just became apparent as I was writing the cache rebuild code that the current schema won't work as expired threads no longer have the "featured by" user id logged anywhere.

So all featured threads will increment the count, no matter who the author is and who features it.

I'm dropping the option related to incrementing the count when featuring your own threads.

It massively complicates things, requires an additional field on the xf_thread table, more code to deal with user merges, etc.

It just became apparent as I was writing the cache rebuild code that the current schema won't work as expired threads no longer have the "featured by" user id logged anywhere.

So all featured threads will increment the count, no matter who the author is and who features it.

Sounds fine to me.

From first purchase, items such as this were never expected or mentioned. So having any gain made on the add-on is still a plus for me. Appreciate the attempt though Paul.

It may appear as an option in the future but I'd rather try and get 1.6 finished without having to do yet more changes.
The code has already been refactored a lot as it is - 1.6 is the biggest update yet.

And now that is resolved, this all works :)

upload_2014-2-24_23-33-15.webp

upload_2014-2-24_23-31-15.webp

I consider an accurate count for each user to be far more important than being able to toggle the option of whether to increment the count or not.

Well it was around 36-38°C when that was taken and I had just finished a 10K run, and it's currently something like 6-8°C here now and I'm sat on my backside, so yeah :D

Well it was around 36-38°C when that was taken and I had just finished a 10K run, and it's currently something like 6-8°C here now and I'm sat on my backside, so yeah :D

Those are cold temperatures. Put a sweater on! :)

And now that is resolved, this all works :)

View attachment 68007

View attachment 68006

I consider an accurate count for each user to be far more important than being able to toggle the option of whether to increment the count or not.
That's fair enough and thanks for trying. I can live with it as it is. As @Sheldon said, I also bought the add-on 'as-is' and didn't expect all of these extras, so I'm grateful for all of these additions and the hard work you're putting into this. (y)

I just knew when i bought this there would be a great support behind it.
No surprise here.
@Brogan is just a very helpfull person and i hope he makes tons with what he does because he deserves it.(y)

I have decided that as there are several breaking changes, the version number will increase to 2.0.0 for the next release.

It's a much larger update than previous ones, with a lot of code having been refactored.

It's still just a regular upgrade like any other though and full instructions will be provided, so no need to be concerned.

Top Bottom