CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
----Now, if you add "Replies" with the total amount before "Read More" ...... it would be just about perfect.
I deliberately kept it plain and simple as I figured most people don't even register the stat's on these portal type blocks. It's a bit like the forum list thread stat's, I never even look at them, it's just noise I automatically tune out.

However, I'll add it to the list for consideration.
It will of course be an option if it does get added, so people can disable it if they wish.

Would something like this be of interest?

upload_2014-1-25_18-55-22.webp

Personally I find it too busy so they would all be Style Properties.

I don't have a problem adding it all though if it's going to be used.

As I told Paul, I'm not excited about all the other things, pretty much just the "Replies" part... I wanted to look into something like this:

hti9.png

I think that added part is exactly enough. I do realize everyone has thier own opinions, as with everything, but a "non-linked" simple reply count does it... Hah.

Pardon the image, it was done really quickly, and that is not actual "real-time" styling.

Idea of Sheldon is good, but this must remain an option deactivated.

It would be good of power to deactivate either the date, or the like or the comments individually. (style property)

Not sure date is necessary, but some may like to have it - so why not all three, disabled by default, with the option to turn them on in SP?

Additionally, do you need Date: in front of the date? Won't it be obvious?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

The addition of stat's is underway then (not something I had originally planned but what the hell).

I now have all of these params to utilise:
upload_2014-1-25_23-47-29.webp

I will of course make them SP's so they can all be enabled/disabled as desired per style.

Managed to find some time to get some work done today.

This is the basic layout of the stats (unfinished):
upload_2014-1-26_18-46-32.webp

There is a max-width of 100px set for the username, with overflow:ellipsis, to avoid issues related to very long ones. Hence why the centre one looks like "Random Bloke ...". His actual user name is "Random Bloke With A Really Long User Name".

Of course, everything is completely customisable with Style Properties, separately for the individual blocks and page.
upload_2014-1-26_18-47-25.webp

upload_2014-1-26_18-47-47.webp

I'm not sure yet what to do with narrower views.
It doesn't actually look that bad:
upload_2014-1-26_18-48-17.webp

But I could of course hide some of the stats using media queries.
Or I could leave it up to end users to do so themselves.

Please consider option for 2-columns layout at featured pages in next upgrade (or another next update :)).
I think this will make it look more "portal-like", and only 1 thread at each line is not always necessary.

I decided to change the layout so some content is floated left and some to the right.

Which results in this:
upload_2014-1-26_20-8-1.webp

upload_2014-1-26_20-7-17.webp

So I think this will be default layout but of course it can be styled to suit.
It will be shipped with all of the stat's disabled by default so you will need to enable the ones you want.

Is there any possibility that the avatar image is replaced by the first inline image or media (youtube Pic)?

Damn, Paul, 1.5 is really shaping up. (y) Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Same here! Especially with the new thread stats being included. The threads I'm featuring are already some of the most popular threads on my forum, and would look good with the Replies and Views stats included.

Top Bottom