CSS Not Loading In Chrome

Michael

Hi everyone,

Several of my members have been complaining who use Chrome that the CSS doesnt appear to load for them in Chrome every so often. Many of them fixed the issue by clearing their cache.

One of them took a screenshot for me with the network tab open, both of the XenForo CSS files show with a 304 status and as far as I can tell, this is normal. Any ideas on how I can fix the problem and what it might be related to/caused by?

Thank you.

Edit: Looking at their screenshots it appears that it is loading the moderatorbar css but not the rest.

Thanks Jake, we dont use SSL, so does that mean its a case of the browser not obeying the base href still or is this an issue to take up with my hosting provider?

Thanks Jake, we dont use SSL, so does that mean its a case of the browser not obeying the base href still or is this an issue to take up with my hosting provider?

The SSL thing was a very specific problem. But more generally, the base href in the page source was wrong. Check your source code to make sure the base href is showing correctly.

If the base href is correct then it might be the browser not obeying it. Either that or the request for the resource may have just failed for whatever reason. It happens.

It appears in Chrome but I havent been able to check the source when the error is produced. It is correct though as far as I can tell.

Thanks Jake.

Top Bottom