XF 2.0 Creating New Forum With Same XF License

CrazyChef

So I think I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place...

I need to set up a new forum to replace the one I have now. They're both in the same niche. The new one will obviously replace the old one, but I want to get it all set up before I switch the XF license from the old site to the new one. This entails leaving the old forum running while I set up the new one, using the same XF license. Also, the new one will be using XF2 and the old one is XF1.5.

What should I expect, and is there any type of buffer time allowed before I switch the license? Ideally, I'd like to switch the license to the new site immediately, while leaving the old one intact with a banner announcement saying the new one will be ready in xx amount of time. Once the new one is ready, I''ll just delete the old one and redirect the URL to the new site.

You can create a development forum with your active license. Get your stuff ready there, and once you are, make the move and shut your old forum down.
Even better, if you are aiming to use the same domain and brand, you could just simply upgrade your XF1.5 when you've done your job.

You can create a development forum with your active license. Get your stuff ready there, and once you are, make the move and shut your old forum down.
Cool - I saw that I can do that, but wasn't sure if it applied here.
Even better, if you are aiming to use the same domain and brand, you could just simply upgrade your XF1.5 when you've done your job.
It'll be a new URL, domain name, etc. All new.

Top Bottom