XF 2.1 new forum with existing forum licence

blert

I will be discontinuing my existing forum and creating a new one with a new domain name and on a new server (old server is being discontinued by hosting company) I do not want to migrate posts/threads/users as I want to go in a different direction to the existing site

Is it ok to have the old forum operational whilst I set up the new one to my satisfaction (themes, add-ons etc) ?I was going to edit the domain in my licence section prior to downloading but did not want to cause any problems with my old site given the licence will be used on my new one

I will not have both sites live at the same time, if I do it might be for 24/48 hours maximum during the swap over

Is it ok to have the old forum operational whilst I set up the new one to my satisfaction (themes, add-ons etc) ?I
If the new site is not publicly accessible (eg. localhost or password protected) that's fine.

Strictly speaking, keeping both sites live is not allowed even if it is just during a move.

If the new site is not publicly accessible (eg. localhost or password protected) that's fine.

No, it will be for me only to make sure I am happy with it, once its live and I can confirm its working ok (a couple of new users registering without issues, then I turn off the old site)

If you are genuine like me, you will not be ripping anyone off by keeping your old site up for a short period
while you copy/paste things over to your new site.

i did that and said so on here while asking for assistance. My posts were replied to by a moderator and he didn't say I couldn't do that.

I have now shut down and deleted my old forum and my new one now shows in my signature.

When you are done, change the old XenForo license's associated URL for your new one.

Top Bottom