I used Vbulletin3.8, I'm trying to build a new forum with Xenforo.

Nostalgia

hello.
I used vbulletin3.8.
Now I'm trying to build a new forum with Xenforo.

I am not a programming expert.
I'm just a person who knows a little bit about HTML.
I had a good understanding of the internal structure of Vbulletin3.8 and was quite good at using it.

Question 1:
I've never used Xenforo before. Will I be able to use Xenforo well if I'm good at using Vbulletin3.8?

Question 2:
Are there any similarities in usage or internal structure between Xenforo and Vbulletin3.8?

Thank you to everyone who answers or contributes to this question.
I hope you all have a happy day.

A year ago, I switched from Vbulletin 3.8 to Xenforo. I regret not doing it earlier. Now, I can easily insert images from the clipboard, and there's a web application available for smartphones (free of charge).

Installing plugins is very simple – just upload one file. With Vbulletin, I had to copy files, edit them, and so on. Currently, I have around 70 add-ons.

I really liked the Ads Manager 2 by Siropu add-on. For a similar add-on development on Vbulletin, I paid over $1000.

Vbulletin is dying... Vbulletin.org has announced its closure.

I didn't lose anything due to the transition. Everything that was done on vBulletin, I found on Xenforo. The only thing that cannot be preserved 100% is the design because it was entirely created using tables in vBulletin. Initially, I tried to achieve this, but then I realized it was not the right approach and opted for a redesign.

A year ago, I switched from Vbulletin 3.8 to Xenforo. I regret not doing it earlier. Now, I can easily insert images from the clipboard, and there's a web application available for smartphones (free of charge).

Installing plugins is very simple – just upload one file. With Vbulletin, I had to copy files, edit them, and so on. Currently, I have around 70 add-ons.

I really liked the Ads Manager 2 by Siropu add-on. For a similar add-on development on Vbulletin, I paid over $1000.

Vbulletin is dying... Vbulletin.org has announced its closure.
No it’s not. Vbulletin.org is because it was not maintained. It’s error ridden.

Vbulletin is still around. It looks different but it’s better than what you think it might be.
Vbulletin.org might be on shopify which is part of vbulletin.

I didn't lose anything due to the transition. Everything that was done on vBulletin, I found on Xenforo. The only thing that cannot be preserved 100% is the design because it was entirely created using tables in vBulletin. Initially, I tried to achieve this, but then I realized it was not the right approach and opted for a redesign.
I don't know if @Kier remembers this, or I'm forgetting it wrong, but I think I remember a discussion he started over on vB many years ago, asking (or challenging) us to find a way to lay out a forum without using tables. (That is reaching way back, like to the mid 2000s I think.)

Top Bottom